𝟒. 𝐁𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐨 𝐁𝐞 𝐄𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞

As Gracie comes in, I pull her aside into the living room as Miguel enters the kitchen.

"Gracie what the fuck, I left your home an hour ago, and your here 10 hours early...?" I whisper shout.

"I got too excited." She smirks as she sits on the edge of the couch.

I roll my eyes, the way she just invites herself to sit on MY couch pissed me off.

Suddenly, Miguel enters the room.

"I'm afraid I won't be able to cook dinner until 6 because its currently the morning... If you couldn't tell, Gracie. So you could come back...later?" Miguel sits on the complete opposite end of the couch from her, staying as far away from her as possible.

I sit down next to Gracie, knowing she won't give this up.

"You know, time hasn't been my strong suit!" Gracie laughs and Miguel laughs too, except its obvious they're both forcing it.

"Clearly.." Miguel mumbles so silently, Gracie obviously didn't hear and I barely did either. "So are you leaving?" 

Gracie forces a smile. "It's not nice to rush a guest, is it, Miguel?" I look at Miguel and he rolls his eyes at me.

"What would you know anything about manners, Aubrey? You picked your nose and ate it up until the age of 12." I blush of embarrasment and Gracie looks at me, actually laughing.

"Well you use to wet your bed until you were 17." I lean back on the couch and look at Miguel. Gracie laughs even harder.

"Well some of us can't control our bladders, like the time you pissed yourself infront of everyone at summer camp back in grade 6." Miguel laughs.

"Remember that time period were you where rejected by almost every girl you asked out?" I laugh back at him.

"At least I've dated more than one person, and that one person for you just happens to be the girl who has cheated on you multiple times with multiple people. And once you were FINALLY done with her, you just had to go back for seconds, didn't you, Aubrey? You couldn't get enough of Ms. Perfect, Gracie Abrams, could you?"

Both me and Gracie go silent. "What the fuck, Miguel?"

"What?" He shrugs his shoulders. "I thought we where sharing embarrassing secrets about eachother, weren't we?" 

"You went way to fucking far..." I get up and storm off to my room.

"Shes stuck as a 14 year old girl forever, I guess." Miguel shrugs and looks at Gracie, who's sitting still, zoning out, she's not completely sure if what he just said actually was said or not. 

"I should go... check on her..." Gracie gets up and heads into my room.

She opens my door and I look at her.

"Aubrey, I.."

"He's right, everything he said about you and me was correct." I get up from my bed and stand infront of her.

"No he isn't, he's an asshole for saying you've only dated one person. Obviously, you've dated more people than just me," Gracie grabs my hands and I quickly pull away from her grasp.

I take a step back and nod. "Yeah, I have, hes just... a dick.." I look away from her as I cross my arms. 

What a lie, so many people want me, I just don't want them. Gracie is the only person I've ever wanted.

She lays me on the bed and lays next to me. She wraps an arm around my waist and I turn to look at her. "So who was the last one like?"

I scrunch my nose. "Last one of what?"