Fire Exit - The Comfort Chamber

As Archie goes inside, he sees Roxy crying so hard but still trying to hide her cries. He suddenly felt panic as he tried to reach his pocket for a handkerchief, there's a girl who was not her sister crying in front of him. To be honest, one of his weaknesses is when girls are crying, a habit he has by taking care of and protecting his sister ever since they were little.

He noticed that there was no handkerchief in his pocket. He felt his panic rise, how could he try to comfort a girl without a handkerchief? Stupid. He pulled his sleeves down so his fingers could grab the end of it. He kneeled in front of Roxy and carefully wiped the tears from her face with the end of his sleeves.

"Hey, hey it's okay. Just Breath Roxanne" Archie softly whispers as he is trying to wipe Roxy's tears.

Roxy suddenly felt a sense of comfort and relief, someone was consoling her which she needed the most since she felt breaking down these past few days. As she opened her eyes, she saw Archie's face. His face has this gentle expression that contradicts the usual aura that Archie had when he was with The Untouchables. Plus, his voice is so soothing like parang naglalambing, at that moment she felt like a child na nadapa at pinapatahan ng nanay.

Then reality hits her, this is Archimedes Aguerro. Her number one enemy and bully, the reason why she and her friends suffered in Northford High. She pushed him which made Archie almost lose his balance.

"Ouch! Why did you do that?" Archie exclaimed as he tried to fix his balance.

"Hoy! Anong ginagawa mo Sabog? bat mo ko pinupunasan?"

"Duh, obviously you are crying and I'm trying to wipe your tears. It's called "comfort", you know."

"Anong pa comfort comfort? Ikaw marunong kumomfort? Saka panyo o tissue pinangpapahid sa luha, hindi manggas." Roxy sarcastically said as she wiping her tears. "Paganyan ganyan ka pa, ano to KDrama? Oppa ka ba?"

"What, Oppa? The Fuck. You are so ungrateful; I'm trying to comfort you since I know how it feels to be entangled with cheaters. And here you are, being so bitchy with people around you." Archie said as he stood up and tried to wipe the dirt on his pants.

"Kung mag papacomfort ako di sa taong katulad mo!"

"Oh really, so anong meron sa taong katulad ko? Who are you to judge huh? Do you know me that well?" Archie heads out to the fire exit. Then he stopped and looked back at Roxy. "Now I know bakit ka pinag palit ni Tim because you are so annoying."

Roxy was too stunned to speak, aside from realizing that Archie did not do anything wrong and his intentions were purely good. He might be right, Tim left her because she is annoying.

This time, she can no longer contain her emotions. She felt her chest tighten, and she could no longer hold her cries. She cried in a loud way like a child, she was in too much pain and all she could do was to cry out loud.

Archie realized what he did, "Fuck, why the hell did I say that? She's going through break up for Christ sake." Other than panic, he felt guilt. He pulled down his sleeves, kneeled in front of Roxy, and wiped her tears using his sleeves again.

"Hey, hush Roxanne. I'm sorry, I did not mean it. Hindi ka annoying, please please wag ka na umiyak."

"Bakit, ano ba mali sakin *sob *, naging mabuting girlfriend naman ako *sob *, Lagi ko siya binibilhan ng pagkain sa canteen pag madami akong benta *sob *."

Roxy cried as she tried to catch her breath. "Inaan—tay ko pa siya sa basketball practice niya kahit anong oras na nun! *sob *"

Archie can't help to smile, Roxy looked silly when she cried so loud. Para siyang maliit na bata na humihikbi. He tried to think seriously so he could focus on pacifying her. "It's okay, you did nothing wrong. I'm sorry for what I said, I'm just triggered"

Roxy cried louder as Archie was still wiping her tears from her face, in his mind there was nothing wrong with her. It was Tim's fault, he didn't know what's his deal but one thing was certain: It was his loss. Then suddenly, the bell for the first period rang. Their first class would start soon, and knowing Roxy she was never late.

"Roxy, magstart na yung class. We will be late if we stay here." Archie gently said to Roxy while still wiping her tears.

Roxy did not say anything, she still crying but now in a subtle way. Even though the class was almost starting she did not move at all.

"Okay lang Archie, dito lang muna ako." She whispers.

Archie looked at her, her eyes were too swollen and her nose was too red. He stood up, wiped the dirt on his pants, and sat beside her. "Alright, I stay here na muna din because class is so boring."

He gently placed Roxy's head on his shoulder, Roxy was confused about what was happening but too tired to ask and she finally gave in to the comfort of Archie's arm.

"This is not too bad" Archie said to himself.

Author's Note:

I'm not sure if clear ko bang nadescribe, pero yung peg ko dito is yung scene sa True Beauty pang comfort ng character ni Seo Jun kay Joo Kyung nung nag camping yung class nila. diba wala siyang panyo, so manggas niya ginamit pang wipe ng tears kay ate girl. HAHAHA sorry for over explaining.

 HAHAHA sorry for over explaining

Happy Reading!