Project Gateaway II

After an hour of driving, they finally reached Tagaytay. Archie stopped at a gas station, he stepped out of the car and felt instant relief as he stretched his legs.

"Ugh, finally." He extended his arm, taking a deep breath, enjoying the cold breeze and the scent of pine trees.

Roxy also stepped out of the car and followed Archie; she was shivering due to the cold weather.

"Archie--- pahiram na ko ng jacket," she said to him, trembling.

"Di ba sabi mo ayaw mo?"

Roxy frowned and slapped his arm. "Ang damot mo!"

"I'm just joking! Eto nananakit agad." he said, touching his arm as if he were injured.

Archie walked toward his car and opened the back seat. Roxy just stared at him, thinking that both of them will never get along.

Archie handed her an oversized black hoodie, she immediately grabbed the hoodie from him and wore it.

His cheeks flushed at the sight of her wearing his jacket over her petite frame. Because of their height difference, the hoodie gave the illusion that she wasn't wearing any bottoms. Archie couldn't help but gulp at the visibility of her thighs.

"Huy, anong nangyare sayo?" Roxy asked as she noticed him staring at her.

"Nothing." he said, avoiding her gaze.

As Archie looked away, she quickly took a sniff of his jacket. "Amoy baby powder talaga."

Archie stared back at her. She promptly stood properly, crossing her arms as if she hadn't done anything peculiar with his jacket.

"So, ano ang next plan?" Roxy asked.

"Well, there's this new high-end restaurant that's super famous on TikTok," Archie said. "Let's go there first."

"Eh, ang mahal naman ata dun."

"Everything is on me, don't worry about it," he said as he walked back to his car.

"Ang yabang talaga," she thought to herself as she stared at him.

Archie started the car, lowering down his window. "Ano, tatayo ka lang diyan? Let's go!"

Roxy rolled her eyes as she stepped back into his car, clearly annoyed.

--------------------------------------------------------------

They almost gasped upon seeing the long line at the restaurant; there's a two-hour wait, and the dine - in time limit is only one hour.

Roxy stared blankly into the distance, her stomach growling loudly. "Gugutom na ko."

"Wait here," Archie said as he walked toward the restaurant's receptionist. Sensing Archie's entitled nature, Roxy immediately followed him.

"Hey," Archie said to the receptionist. "What's taking so long?"

"Well, sir, we have a lot of customers today. Kaya priority po yung may reservation."

Archie frowned and slammed the receptionist's table, catching the attention of people in line who began to murmur due to his behavior. Roxy felt a sudden panic as she tried to grab Archie.

"How much ba para mapapriority dito sa overrated niyong restaurant?" he asked.

"I'm sorry, sir, we do not have that option," the receptionist responded.