Chapter 4

Slamming your fist onto his locker door, you confronted Minoru, uncaring of whether or not his fingers got stuck in the wooden fixture as it slammed shut.

"I asked you to fix my house, not overhaul it." you leveled him with a pointed stare, rolling your eyes when he turned red.

"Your house was falling apart and I just wanted to-" you cut him off, raising a brow "You just wanted to help? And I like it when the walls and floors are hollow, it's easier to hear it when people try to break in"

He blinked, confused as he wiggled his fingers that were trapped in the locker, using slime to numb the pain. "People have tried to break into your house??? How did they get past the-"

"There weren't any back then. I started putting them up about five years ago." you sighed, opening the locker; when he pulled his slime covered fingers out, the loud squelch of the slime slipping free of the wooden locker made you cringe.

"What the hell is that noise, it sounds like..... like-"

"You have a dirty mind" he cut you off, a wry grin on his face. You felt warmth rush into your face as you kneed him in the gut rather viciously, the raven haired male hunching over and cradling the spot you hit. "You're the one with the dirty mind if that's what came to you first."

Groaning, he elbowed your hip, the force knocking you against the lockers and making you hiss in pain. "If you don't have a dirty mind, how do you know what I was thinking? And what were you going to say even?"

Slapping him over the head, you rubbed your hip, glaring at him even as he remained hunched over. "Mashed potatoes. That's what it sounded like, and do you expect me to be clueless because I'm a girl?? I have a body too, you know?"

Minoru's jaw dropped at your words, his face a bleak red as he stood to his full height. "A-are you implying that-"

"That I touch myself? Of course. I'm a curious teenager with urges stronger than the devil himself. Don't you?"

Feeling the need to not give himself and his obvious flustered state away, he scoffed at you "Okay, first off? TMI. And second, why would you ask that?"

You rolled your eyes, jabbing a finger into his shoulder, snickering at the last part. "It's a natural bodily function. It's nothing to be embarrassed about, unless you can't get it up"

Minoru reddened at your words, stepping back from you. "I can so get it up! And why would you say that?! I left Earth as the one who does the teasing, what the hell made you this forward, (Name)??"

"Becoming a bit of a troublemaker was always written in the stars for me. When my second family died, it just cemented my fate."

Minoru sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. "I was going to ask, but I didn't want to push it. Why didn't you tell me? I had to find out from Gamma"

You laughed awkwardly as his expression turned somber. "It's nothing serious, Minoru. I'm over it and I just don't see the need to bring it up all the time-"

"It's not all the time. I just want to know how you're doing-"

You rolled your eyes. "I'm fi-"

"As a person." he pressed on, noticing how you stiffened. "I want to know how you're doing as a person that I care about. Not as the grand mage of Midgar, or as Aria, but as you, (Name)"

Suppressing the tears that threatened to well up in your eyes, you scoffed at him, your arms crossed, cradling your staff to your chest. "I'm fine. And is that how you talk to Alexia? So freaking corny honestly, I don't know how she can stomach-"