Chapter 67

'Why is Lizé suddenly doing this, and does it really have anything to do with me meeting the second exception condition?'

While I was thinking about this, Cliff said something out of the blue.

"Oh! Do you happen to know a maid named Sabina?"

"Who?"

"Sabina."

"No, I don't. I've never heard that name before. What does she look like?"

"......she's a slightly skinny maid with a mix of blond and chestnut-colored hair. She mostly carried laundry."

"Hmm...... I'm sorry, I don't remember much about her, as Anna or Sophia took care of all the laundry that went in or out of my room. But what's with the maid, is something wrong?"

Cliff smiled slightly when I asked. Something about it felt off.

"Oh, I see. I wish I had known."

"What?"

"Ah, I was thinking of giving her a promotion if she has a good reputation."

"I see. I'm sorry, I haven't gotten to know all the maids' names yet."

"Well, that's okay."

Cliff finished his tea with an odd smile.

"Anyway, what I said, don't forget to give it a try. If it works out, it'll be good for you and good for me, right?"

"Ha...... do you think so?"

I'm not looking forward to it. I'm just worried I might be stirring up Killian's memories of when he was with Lizé.

But there isn't much time left until the episode where my head is beheaded.

I have to try everything I can.

***

"Look at that, Killian! So cute!"

Lizé, who hadn't been out together in a while, smiled as she pointed to the window of a common haberdashery shop on Le Belle-Marie Street.

There were music boxes and glass artifacts that were said to be imported from abroad.

"They are cute. Do you want me to buy one?"

In Killian's eyes, they are overpriced and pretty trash, but if Lizé says they are pretty and cute, then they are.

"No, I'm just saying they're cute."

But Killian took Lizé inside to buy the things she pointed out.

A music box made by one of the world's top three craftsmen costs 200,000 sennas, and a bunny-shaped glass ornament imported from a famous glass producer costs 18,000 sennas.

"I'm really fine......"

Lizé, who had been flustered the entire time Killian was paying for it, raised her eyebrows at the gift.

"I just bought it for you because I wanted to. There aren't many days left when I can get you something like this."

"What? Killian, where are you going?"

"I'm going down to the Ryzen estate."

"Uh, when are you going?"

"Well...... maybe early next year?"

Killian gave a small laugh at the way Lizé seemed to be mourning his departure.

"Is Edith coming with you?"

Her question was a little odd.

Not only was she asking the obvious, but there was a tone of disbelief in her question.