Chapter 2: Tanjiro's pleas

Of course, when Sabito brought out this news, it shocked the corps members. How could Tanjiro do something like this? Tanjiro was known for his kind heart and keen nose. Tanjiro asked Sabito why he would think this, and fell down onto his knees knowing that if Sabito had an arguably good reason for his accusation then his dearest friends and the rest of the corps would never trust him again. Sabito looked at him, dead serious. Tanjiro knew Sabito well, so as well as being scared and shocked, he was also confused. After all, Sabito was the only reason why Tanjiro became a member of the Demon Slayer Corps. Sabito crouched down to meet Tanjiro's eyes and exclaimed, 

"You're the only one who could've done it." 

Poor Tanjiro was shocked at his remark, his eyes filled with tears.

"Please! Sabito, please! I-I can sniff out the scene! I can EASILY find who committed this murder! J-Just give me a chance! I swear! I wouldn't EVER do something like this! Y-You guys know, right?!" Tanjiro looked around frantically for someone who could support him in this dire situation.

"There's no need, Tanjiro," Sabito softly said. He placed his hand on Tanjiro's shoulder. "I know that you can sniff out the scene, but all evidence points to you. I'm... I'm sorry..." He looked at Tanjiro and smiled softly.

"B-But," Tanjiro started to cry, tears rolling down his cheeks.

"No buts," Sabito said coldly, standing up. "I will explain myself in a second." He looked around looking dead serious. The Hashira looked a bit skeptical of the situation, and they all knew Tanjiro well. The one thing Sanemi Shinazugawa, the Wind Hashira, hated him most for was his never-ending love to help people. And they wouldn't trust a child like Sabito that easily. Their eyes fell onto Sabito, and Sabito could feel the icy glares of everybody in the corps. They were all expectantly waiting for an extraordinary reasoning as to why Tanjiro would even think about killing Yorrichi. Sabito opened his mouth, and gave his reasoning.

"There was a nichirin blade on the scene, as you all know," Sabito observed. "No demon has access to a nichirin sword, so it could not have been a demon, which most people would have expected from the death of a demon slayer." Sabito cleared his throat out and started sweating a little as the Hashira squinted their eyes and listened in curiosity. "There was also a small piece of plastic on the scene, and if you take a look at Tanjiro's earrings, you will see-" He didn't even finish his sentence before every corps member's head immediately turned from Sabito to Tanjiro's left earring. As you might already know, Tanjiro's earrings were given to him by Yorrichi, and they were made out of Hanafuda cards, cards usually made out of plastic. The top of his left earring was chipped, the part with the red sun on it. It was most likely that the small piece of plastic Sabito was holding in his hands was the piece of Tanjiro's earring that was missing.
Sabito continued again, "Ahem... As you can see, there is a piece missing of Tanjiro's earring that would have most likely been this piece of plastic in my hand as we speak."

Tanjiro started crying again, turning into a mess of sniffles and tears. He cried and cried until he finally spoke up again: "That was near, sniff,  the body?!" Sabito nodded. "But- sniff B-But my earring was cut by E-Enmu! During the battle! D- sniff Do you remember Tomioka-san?!" He desperately turned his head to Giyuu Tomioka, the Water Hashira, who was standing behind him.

"Quite vividly," He announced. It greatly disturbed him to see Tanjiro in this kind of state. "We were engaged in battle with Lower Moon 1, when a piece of his earring was chipped off by the demon. A piece of my haori was cut off, too." He lifted up the left corner of his haori for everyone to see and gave a small smile to Tanjiro, who seemed quite relieved. Tengen Uzui, the Sound Hashira, looked extremely confused.

"Well..." He said, "If that Lower 1 guy you guys are talking about really did chip his earring..." He paused for a bit and thought to himself for a small while. "Then... How did it end up near the body?"

Everybody immediately turned to Sabito, who tugged at his kimono. He seemed at a loss for words.

"Well?" Shinobu Kocho, the Insect Hashira, demanded. 

Sanemi laughed. "Yeah, tell us!"

Muichiro, the Mist Hashira, looked intrigued. "What's your reasoning for this?"

Tengen stepped closer to Sabito. "So..." He said, "Was this a staged murder? Cause you better have a good reason for this, little man."

THE END OF CHAPTER TWO! I SERIOUSLY NEED FEEDBACK, SO SORRY FOR THE CLIFFHANGER, BUT THE CHAPTER WAS GETTING A BIT LONG SO....