Chapter 3: Traitor?

Sabito stood, motionless. He could feel everyone's trust slowly fade away. He looked up to meet Tengen's eyes. Before he spoke,

"How was I supposed to know?"

Tengen eyed him suspiciously, like he would believe that bullshit.

"Oh really?"

"Y-Yes sir."

"Don't you think it would have been strange for that to happen?"

"Yes..."

"Do you still really believe that Tanjiro would do something like this?"

"B-But all evide-"

"IT HURTS TANJIRO TO EVEN KILL A DEMON! DO YOU STILL REALLY BELIEVE THA-"

"YES!"

Tengen fell silent. His eyes shifted from Sabito's eyes, to his sweat, his mouth, and back to his eyes.

Sabito calmed himself down again. "Yes."

"Oh, why so?" Tengen said again, crouching down to meet Sabito's height.

"B-Because... do YOU know any demon with a nichirin sword..?" Sabito whispered. 

Tengen thought to himself for a moment. "No..."

"That's why I still think it's Tanjiro-"

Tengen placed his hands on Sabito's shoulders and said,

"You faked this... didn't you?"

Shinobu squinted her eyes and got closer to Sabito.

"TELL US..." Shinobu demanded.

Sabito sweat some more and looked down at the ground.

"F-Fine..." he said.

The Hashira all gathered closer, very intrigued. Time felt like it slowed down, and poor Sabito was stuck there until he said the truth. Sabito looked up and was face to face with the Hashira.

"I'll tell you..." he said. "I-It was-"

The corps members fell silent; the whispering and murmuring stopped.

"It was Inosuke..." He pointed at Inosuke Hashibira, the boy who was carving a skull into a tree using a rock he sharpened with his own two jagged swords. Everyone gasped, which got Inosuke's attention. 

"Hmm?" he said and turned his head to Sabito.

Silence.

Muichiro looked at Inosuke and cocked his head to the side. He stared at Inosuke for a small while before turning back to Sabito.

"Explain to me," Muichiro said.

"Alright," Sabito whispered.

A/N: Sorry if this makes ZERO sense whatsoever! Pls bear w/ me I'm trying so hard to make this a good story but it makes no sense as to why Inosuke would do such a thing but I feel like his "I am better than everyone around me" personality and the fact that he wants to fight all the time would make it a good start for whatever this shit is that I'm trying to do 😭 😭 😭