6| Friends

Indonesia 's POV

I sit at the edge of the couch, holding my 'Mate's hand. He has been sleeping for three days straight and it's visible that he got thinner and more fragile. He's still breathing and radiating heat though. I wonder if it's just a deep sleep, or even a coma?! But he seems conscious enough to breath stable on his own. I believe that is good?
'It is, I just worry about you obsessing over him. Phil had some EXCELENT points!'
"He is sort of cute."
'NO!'
"Yes."
Yet, he needs to wake up soon, or else the recovery might be harder. The curiosity of what happened and who he really is, is killing me from the inside too.
'You are an idiot, BUT I can confirm I am dying' Also, that his hood still covers his face. I refuse to peak and keep the face covered, as anyone should. I could be doing anything else, yet I prefer to stay here, right next to him. Maybe Phil is right and I am weird, thinking and acting on him like that. It's weird, considering the circumstances, but it feels right. The fascination of the unknown, maybe. I look at the ceiling and then put my cheek against his hand. It feels rough. He must be very hard working to have rough hands like these. I like that. Phil enters the room and hands me Boba.
"Still hanging around him? After three days?"
"Mhm. Thanks for the Boba."
"No problem, but beware of developing a hand fetish." he teases, rolling his eyes in annoyance. Phil, what the hell?! I'm not that weird! I flush up and give him an angry glare.
"Ayo!"
"I'm kidding, I'm kidding, sorry."
"Mhm... sure."
"I'm sure he'll wake up soon. And then we bring him upstairs and chance the bandages again, for hygienic reasons. Otherwise, we do it tomorrow, ok?"
"Sounds like a plan." I reply and watch Phil wandering upstairs. He is such a nice person, if he wouldn't tease me that often, that is. I look at the clock. It's 2:30pm already. Time flies by. Suppose I should stretch a bit. I lay my 'Mate's hand back on the couch and stand up, stretching. That feels good. I hope Phil stops teasing me soon. I hate him- why the hell did I tell him my emotion again? Cause I am an attached idiot.
I get into the temptation to go outside and actually do anything... but what if he wakes up while I'm gone?! No, I cannot risk that, but I guess going into the kitchen for noodles wouldn't hurt, surely. I take a sip of my boba and walk into the kitchen to get the left-over noodles. I pick a package of Indomie out of the cupboard and make myself a simple meal. Simple, yet delicious! So, I enjoy my food and boba, looking out the window. It's warm outside, some would consider it hot, but it's only 25 degrees, so meh, kind of alright, a little cold even. I take out my phone and start scrolling through various social media. We can own social network, yet we cannot share out location. I think people have already figured it out anyways with today's technology, but rules are rules and I don't make them. I spend maybe an hour watching dumb shit before deciding to get offline again. Actually, it is really nice if you don't have to online all the time. I clean the dishes so Phil won't get mad at me I swear to Allah, and walk back to the living room. Seemingly, nothing has changed. So, I shake my pillow and sit next to the couch on the floor. The regular yet strong breathing from my 'Mate' is steady in the background and I've grown to find it relaxing, even though I would never admit that to anyone. Never in my live, especially not to Phil! God. I sigh and take his hand once more. It's warm, very warm.
'Such body heat.' I find myself smiling unconsciously. I remain there, comfortable as suddenly the hand twitches and I get startled. HUH?! I let go of the foreign body part and watch it regaining consciousness with widen eyes. I need to call someone! Malay?? He is out with the others. Phil then! I spin around and rush up the stairs, almost falling. My heart races in my chest. Finally! After all those days! Finally, I can learn more about him!! I slam the door open and Phil flinches, looking up from his book with wide eyes.

"What the hell?!"
"He is waking up!"
"The stranger?!"
"Who else!"
"Oh my! Get the med kit- I am calling Mal!" Phil practically throws the book on the sheets as he leaps off the bed, I rarely see him this athletic. I waste no time though and do as I am told and rush down stairs to the kitchen to get the med kit, as well as all of new and clean bandages that we managed to grab, at least as much as I could carry. I return to Phil standing in front of the couch, holding my 'Mate's hand. I stop, a little out of breath from the racing heart and the panic of the situation. I watch as the man on the couch gets to his senses and tries to sit up, in which I and Phil aid him in. He seems disorientated and a little lost, frantically looking around. He also seems in a state of panic, trying to keep his face covered. Maybe a mask would do? I need to ask my friend Spain about this, maybe he could provide! I make a mental note and I try to calm him. I pity him, he shouldn't feel scared around us, and I need to make things right. After all the mess. I bow down to his Hight and Phil takes a step back.
"Shh... don't worry, we didn't look at your face. We can get you a mask if you like." I try to calm him, taking his right hand.
'Don't, you'll make it awkward.'
He keeps breathing heavily, yet he seems to look and me, gradually calming. I internally cheer. Oh, hell yes. He then grabs onto my own hand as if it was helping, even though it was slow and hesitantly. I keep the warm smile on my face.
"It's alright, you can do that." I assure. Not letting go of his hand either I hand him a water bottle.
"You slept for three days and lost weight and body fluid; it might take a while to recover." I explain, saying what Phil said some time ago. I don't get a physical reaction except him letting go to take and unscrew the bottle, yet I have the feeling that he made a mental note of that. I sit down at the edge of the couch.
"How are you feeling?" I get a mixed response. Now Phil tunes into the conversation.
"We need to rebandage your wound. We'd do it now and then move upstairs, is that alright?"
He nods and I get concerned for Phil.
"Shouldn't we wait until Mal is here?"
"I can do this, the phobia isn't that bad. And if you look, it doesn't seem like there was much more bleeding than the first time, I can handle some swollen skin!"
'It is pretty disgusting though.'
"Don't make it worse for me, please."
'Fine, I really don't want you to puke. I'll stay quiet for a while.'
"Thank you for cooperating, FOR ONCE."