𝟬𝟭𝟱. a sacred city and its foes

CHAPTER FIFTEENA Sacred City And Its Foes

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
A Sacred City And Its Foes

132 after the conquest
blackwater bay, dragonstone

               THE PAINTED Table, that currently wasn't lit up, stood in between the Maester and Jacaerys Velaryon. His wife, with now the title of Princess after their wedding, Daenaera stood beside him with her attention on what the Maester was teaching Jace.

              Away from the table and sitting by the fireplace, Jaehaera taught Joffrey how to read like the Maester was teaching their other brother's High Valyrian.

              Over the moons, Jace had been trying to perfect the language and for now he was translating sentences to do so. "Se Blakuata Rasho dranot vilinio viartis." The Maester gave the Prince a new sentence.

              While the Maester, occasionally along with Dany, helped Jacaerys and Jaehaera taught Joffrey how to pronounce certain words in the book, Rhaenyra entered the room through the large double doors above the long set of stairs. She silently walked down the steps to make her way towards her son's, daughter by law, and only daughter.

             "And landed at the Blackwater Rush." Jacaerys translated the Maester's given sentence and Daenaera sent him a soft smile and nod with one of her hands laid over her fairly small— but swollen— belly.

              A moment later, Rhaenyra took her last step of the stairs and was walking alongside the Painted Table. "Dranot."

             "Dranot. Dranot." Jace repeated as Jaehaera smirked to herself before quickly covering it up so Joffrey wouldn't start teasing their brother too. "Dranot. Uh, at the end?" He looked to his wife and mother for help just as Rhaenyra approached the two.

              But before the mother and Princess passed Dany, Rhaenyra sent her a warm smile and gently put her hand on the side of the girls arm. They were both currently expecting and motherhood quickly bonded them overtime.

              Princess Rhaenyra then moved away from Dany and further around the table. "The mouth." She answered her eldest son's question.

              "Mouth! Ah, come on. Jace, you knew that." He turned away from his mother and wife for a moment. "Dranot. Dranot."

              While the Prince kept trying to make sure his High Valyrian was truly perfect, Rhaenyra stopped by her only daughter and youngest son with her marriage to Ser Laenor Velaryon. Just as Jaehaera looked up from her seated position and to her mother to greet her, the Dragonborn received a gentle hand to her cheek instead.