4

I woke Saturday morning with a start. My chest, rising and falling rapidly. Feeling around the bed I swallowed the lump in my throat. I was fine. My body was fine. I wasn't dying. I'm fine. I gasped a bit at the hiccup that came with my shaken state.

This always happened. Every time I was in a better mood I ended up having a dream that caused me to wake up like a damn nut case. I'm 34 fuckin years old and I cant even enjoy a decent night's sleep.

I jumped practically stumbling out of bed as my alarm blared throughout the room suddenly. Slamming my hand on it, I swallowed with a jerk of irritation. All while glaring at my reflection in the window.

Shaking my head to rid my thoughts I headed for the shower. I avoided my reflection and headed straight into the small shower area. Slamming the door behind me, I quickly washed up and stepped out. I brushed my teeth and shaved what bit of shadow I had lingering. Deodorant and lotion.

I quickly dressed in a tan button up and a pair of slacks. Throwing on my dress boots, I quickly sleeked back my hair while doing my sleeves up to my elbows. Fixing everything, I headed for the living room. I grabbed my cologne from the front drawer and sprayed it a bit before grabbing my laptop bag with everything in it and my change of clothes for tonight. I had originally planned on Leo grabbing me but decided I'd drive to the bar and ride with them to the meeting. He saw the text but didn't respond which meant him and Gryffin were occupied.

Grabbing my keys, phone and wallet. I headed for my SUV. Still an old piece of work but working none-the-less. I quickly headed out, making my way through the Arizona traffic to Jami's bar.

I got there in about 15 minutes and parked before hopping out. I grabbed my laptop bag and quickly headed inside. The door clicked behind me as I entered the front door. Jami's bouncer was there. I honestly forgot his name.

"Aye, Stiff! How are things going?" He nearly cracked the glass with how loud he was yelling.

"Oh you know, livin the dream. Still addressing me with that shitty nickname..." I drawled and he laughed clapping a hand on my back.

"Course! How else, I'm supposed to remember that face?" I shook my head brushing past him. I walked into the back office.

"Jami!" I shouted as I came around the corner. He was buried in the back just like I'd thought.

"Qué?!" He shouted back.

"You almost ready, or what?" He stumbled out into the walkway and I nearly laughed.

"I am. Leo is coming back. He ran to grab pliers. Damn freezer door isn't locking right and I guess I forgot to leave pliers here." I took a seat in his office chair as he fumbled onto his feet. "Anyway, he'll be back. I have all the important papers for you in the file right there." He pointed. Looking down at the gray file folder, I quickly opened it while taking in the numbers and papers. "Also, Leo gave me your email. I sent you a bunch of e-contracts and other files I didn't have time to print. Those may not be necessary but i figured you would want all the info you could get. I also didn't know what you absolutely need so i just sent you everything that has to do with fiances."

"Okay good. Did you include all the transactions for inventory as well as product monitoring and..."

"Yep everything. Literally everything that has been kept for the last nine and half years. That and everything is mostly organized in the open email account I sent you." I nodded while sifting through the papers as he continued digging through the back room. I pulled out my phone and checked said email. Following the link I sifted through all the open banking files and margins.

"Alright I brought them." I glanced up at Leo as he entered quickly. Jami came barreling into the room.

"Perfect. Lets get our shit and head out." We followed Jami out and into the main foyer before Leo stepped out into the parking lot. I headed for Leo's car that he had waiting by the door. I hopped into the back as he jumped into the front. Zoning out, the two up front, I dug around in the files.