7

Will's POV

I woke slowly to the sound of cartoons. My nose and stomach tingled at the smell of something cooking. My head ached a bit but i'd slept off the alcohol two or three times now. I opened my swollen eyes slowly. My mind reeling a bit on what had happened before. I remember bits before i fell out of the seat. I don't remember what i said but i remember falling and everything that followed.

Looking around the room, I took in how clean it was and sighed. A part of me was relieved I did not want to clean all that. When i looked out into the kitchen i saw Leo fixing some pasta. I slowly got up with ache springing into every bone in my body. I carefully stood and made my way to the kitchen. He paused when he saw me before turning to me.

"It's not quite done. If you want I finished the laundry and left out some soft clothes. You can get cleaned up and it'll be here when you come back." I shook my head at his words.

"That's okay Leo, you d.."

"Do not argue with me William. Go take care of your hygiene and come back here and take care of your stomach." I hesitated. He wasn't angry but his tone left no room to argue. I clenched my jaw before giving up on telling him no and just headed off to the bathroom. I took the time to shower, brush my teeth, shave and get dressed. Once done I headed back to the kitchen where he handed me a plate of food.

Sitting down, I stared at it as he came over with his own. While taking a seat I spoke,"I don't know if i can eat..."

"Just eat what you want. I'll eat the rest." I swallowed.

"Are you going to let me finish a sentence?"

"No, because I am not okay with you giving me excuses anymore."

"Excuses." I clanked my fork against the plate. "They aren't excuses. They are reasons and responses."

"Will." He said and i narrowed my eyes. "I can't sit here and watch you kill yourself."

"Then go home!" I nearly shouted and he flinched his hand curling around his fork. Knuckles going white.

"I'm not leaving you here to do that. Even if everything I do isn't enough, at least you wont do it alone." He nearly whispered and i was instantly flooded with emotion again. God i was such a blubbering fucking idiot. I looked down pressing my mouth to my wrist as i lent on it, wresting on my elbow. Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry, don't fucking cry...!

So much for my mantra because the tears came anyway. Falling slowly onto the table next to the plate. I tried to take a bite of the food but I only ended up letting out a tiny gasp as i breathed to keep from sniffling.

Please no, do not make him look at me... please no!

"It's okay Will you can cry." Lord I did just that. Letting go of the fork i pushed the plate away and broke down again. I seriously had no control. My body was like a fucking alien. Feeling and going against everything i had fought so hard to keep from happening. I cried shakily into the sleeves of my sweatshirt. I jumped when Leo's arms wrapped around me and let myself hug him.

God it had been so long since i felt this. Felt someone hold me. Like they cared. Actually fucking cared.

"Thank you.." I croaked into his shoulder and he made a soft hum. "For the food. For checking up on me." He tightened his hold on me and sighed.

"Don't thank me, Will. I love you and you deserve to be loved. Even if I'm not your Gryffin. You're my family and I'm sorry i left you behind when i went for my own happiness."

"No no!" I pushed him back looking at him sternly. "Do not apologize for wanting to be happy. I just couldn't keep up that's not on you and you shouldn't feel sorry for it..."