The Labyrinth

Quigley's POV:

After we descended down the rope, Audrey let go of me and kinda awkwardly stood there. I signalled for them to follow me as I walked. I tried not to look at Audrey after the awkward but sweet encounter, but the one time I glanced over at her, she gave me a perfect small smile. I tried to act cool and to look at her emotionlessly, but she was so beautiful, with her perfect pearly white teeth and her perfect wide smile and her perfect glittering eyes. I could feel myself start to blush, and I couldn't help but give her a stupid grin back.

We continued to walk until the beginning of the labyrinth on Dr Montgomery's property.

"Wait, are we going in the labyrinth?" Audrey asked.

"Yeah, is there something wrong?" I asked.

"Not really, I've just had a few bad experiences in them. Hey, Eddie. Remember when mum and dad took us to the one in the county fair and I fell into a mud hole after getting swooped by bats?" Audrey asked, half amused and half scared.

"BWHAHAHAH!" Eddie burst out laughing. "That was the best day of my life. I still have the photo I took when you were screaming about getting your new marine biology research book muddy!"

"Is there another way to get to where we need to go without going through the labyrinth?" Audrey asked.

"Sorry, but there's not. The place we need to go is IN the labyrinth." I replied apologetically.

"Okay, fine. But I swear, if another bat comes swooping at me I am going to attack someone." Audrey said. She was creepily grinning, with her eye twitching and she sounded so serious that I was mildly concerned.

We entered the labyrinth, and we were in there for only a minute when a mob of bats came screeching down at Audrey.

"HOLY MOTHER FUCKING MUSTARD ON TOAST!?!" Audrey screamed as she leapt into my arms. It seemed that bats only did target Audrey. They weren't flying anywhere near me and Eddie. I silently chuckled at her cursing. After I finished my silent laugh, I remembered that I was still holding Audrey. I looked over to her with embarrassment on my face. She was blushing very hard and I could tell that I was too. The bats were long gone by now, so I slowly put Audrey down. I shyly smiled at her and she reciprocated.

"Jeez, get a room kids. And Audrey, do I really have to say this again? LANGUAGE! I'm literally 10 years old!" Eddie yelled.

"Okay, fine 'mum'. Be a bitch then." Audrey said as she rolled her eyes.

"These children, no use in trying to teach them." Eddie muttered like an adult.

Audrey and I shared an aggravated but amused look and continued on.

"Oh yeah, and here you go." Audrey said happily. She hit hard on the back of my head and wrestled me to the ground.

"Hey, what was that for?" I asked, making her think I was offended, but deep down I didn't mind. I actually kinda liked it.

"Payback, bitch. I said that I would attack someone if bats came at us. And they did." Audrey panted. Her body was still over mine, and we stayed there for a few moments until Eddie started walking off in the same direction, muttering things to himself like, "freakin teens and their stupid crushes." And "Can't you guys just get a room."

A/N

Thanks so much for the readers! This is my first book and fanfic so I'm grateful for all of y'all. Sorry for a short chapter btw! I've been kinda busy. Hope you guys like the new romance. Hehehe.