01: Hell

I dragged him around a corner and turned to him, the fear subsided, and I wanted to cry. I almost did if it wasn't for Diego's intended glare, he was mad, mad as hell. He grabbed my chin and lifted it, "What the hell were you thinking!"

"That I couldn't lose you!" I snap back, lean back, and look around, we are in an empty part of the building. "This is Flaca, I got Charlie," I say into the comms. I reach into his vest for some medical supplies and begin to patch him up. He was hit in the chest, legs, and upper arm.

"Don't ever do something stupid—"

"Shut up!" I snap at him, "I could have lost you!"

Thud—thud—thud

I drew my gun and pointed as Soap rounds the corner, he froze gun also drawn at me, we lowered our gun, and he slid up. "How is he?"

"A little moody."

"You could have died!" Diego snaps at me.

"And you would have died without me!" I snap back smacking him lightly on the face. He let out a low scream of annoyance. Soap pulled Diego's arm over his shoulder and picked him up. Roach also appeared and the two of us began to case the rooms, ensuring we wouldn't be ambushed. Roach is in the front, and I am in the back.

To our surprise, and my great relief we cross no one, they all seem to have gone to other places, drawn by their gunfire. We rushed him out across König. He grabbed Diego's other side and helped him back to our side.

"Actual," I say into the Comms.

"Flaca?" Price called back.

"Charlie's down, so far we saw nothing."

"Copy that."

We pulled out of the building and saw the others move in Alejandro looked at me nods and continued to case the buildings. König gave Diego's other arm to Roach, and we fled to a safer territory as he went back into the building. We sat Diego down and the medic ran up giving him more aid than I could ever.

As soon as they got there I turned away and walked a little bit, I collapsed onto the ground and emotions hit me like a truck before I knew it, I was bawling my eyes out. My back hit a tree and I slid down; I saw everything flash before my eyes.

I open my eyes to see Roach crouched down in front of me, his hand on my shoulder gently rubbing it. He raised his goggles and his eyes squint in what I assumed was a smile.

'He is ok,' He signs, and I nod but can't stop crying. He pushed my tears away and stood up extending a hand for me. I take a sharp breath in and take his hand standing up, trying to calm down enough to look at least put together.

I kept my head lowered and saw Diego staring at me, a foreign expression on his face. Anger, rage, sadness, and fear. I don't think he's happy with me. I see the rage, the rage I see when I look at myself in the mirror.

"Flaca," He calls out and gestures with his hand for me to get closer. I didn't move right away and looked at him, " Come here!" he sneered.

"What do you need?" I walk closer and crouch down. He grabs my wrist.

"Never ever do that again—"

"Diego—"

"Don't do something stupid. What you did was stupid, got that?" He demands. I sigh and nod he lets go of me and sighs and his expression lighten. From the first time we have been friends, I saw the 'other' him.

Diego always hides that side of him, to me at least he does, but I know people like Zuri and Arabella have seen it. The only time I've seen it was when he rescued me. He didn't smile. He looked relieved, tired, and... different.

I often forget he is a man. That he is stronger than me and isn't always the boy I can lead around... I often forget he can also hate me.

"What's wrong?" Diego asks me.

"Nothing."

Everything.

Why is he so angry? Why at me?

"Tell me," he said his voice back to normal. I look at him, his eyes back to those concerned warm honey kissed looks.

"You see angry."

"You could have died."

"You expect me to live without you?" I ask him, he looks away and sighs. "That's cruel."

"... I'm sorry," he whispered, "I just didn't want you to die because of me."

"If I died then it was my fault, not yours." I correct him. he looks up at me with pleading eyes. I looked at him he looked so sad.

We look away.

I sat back and watched him, pushed my tears away, and looked off at the building.

We all regroup, I stand in the back and watch as Diego is taken away for further care.

"Did you find anything?" I ask, and everyone turns to me.

"We found the missile," I sigh and slightly smile at least some good news.

"We also found Makarov's next place," Alejandro spoke up.

"We will be splitting up from here," Price spoke, "141 and Shadow company will go to the Middle East on one lead and König will stay with Los Vaqueros and follow the Mexico lead." I pressed my lips together but kept quiet. I didn't like the idea. We are already one man down and I don't want to split up. I look around and my eyes catch Soap's eyes.

He gives me a reassuring nod and grabs onto his vest. I look at Gaz who flashes me a smile. I tried to swallow my anxiety, but I knew I needed to get back on my medication, today is so... not my day.

By the time we got back to the safe house exhaustion finally hit me. I fell onto my cot and passed out. From the anxiety-eating panic from the night before to the shitty mission, I wanted to sleep or eternity to forget I was even alive.

I know I survived on pure luck.

We were lucky.