08: Diego

She ran.

I watched her run away, run with her tail tucked behind her legs. I saw the flushness in her face, if it wasn't for the current situation, I'd live off the high of this moment. I looked down at my arms, they were vibrating in warmth. I flex my arms remembering how her body fit in my arms.

I could faintly smell her scent on me, a scent that I love and desire. It became the most comforting scent to me, surpassing the scent of my grandmother's house, and my childhood comfort food. I wanted to hold her and breathe in her scent and forget about this shitty situation, forget about that expression she gave me, one of unfamiliarity and coldness.

My hands curl up into fists and my jaw sets as I sigh and lean against the wall, I want to chase after her but I know that would just make things worse. I hate it when she doesn't communicate with me, I hate guessing, but this isn't entirely her fault.

Why did I have to have feelings for her? Why couldn't it stay platonic?

"Diego," I look over to see Zuri walking up to me, a glint of mischief in her eyes, "so... she knows." She props her elbow on me. I look down at her. I won't lie I don't care much for Gisele's friends, I find them toxic and a little cruel, their friendship is built on trauma and pain... I wonder if their even any goodness that came out of their friendship.

"... Yeah," I said slowly, I felt an irritation grow in my body, and my muscles tensed up. I didn't want to humor her, not a single bit. Her smile irritated me... I don't like Zuri, she always brings out a side of Gisele that I don't know, a stronger secret between them and I hate not being apart... I should be the one who knows her the best, but it seems like Zuri knows more. 

"Don't you even think about it," I say to her, my voice going cold. I see an amused expression on her face, I hate how she never seems to let my dislike of her get to her. She never seems to care for me.

"I didn't say anything—"

"Don't say shit, I am not in the mood," I growl and walk off. 

If Y/n wants space I will give her space, but I don't like it. I hate how the space I gave her she chose to hide, completely isolating herself from the world. This isn't uncommon but, for me to be included with the masses when I should stand above them... I hate it. I wanted to chase her down if I had to trap her, make her talk to me...

"Hey man, what you doing?" Johnny asks tapping my shoulder, I sigh and turn to him pushing my shaggy hair back. I am so fucking annoyed. 

"I need a haircut."

"Cut your hair and Chimp will cry," Arabella said as she walked by. Of all of Gisele's friends I respect Arabella the most, she seems to actually care about Y/n improving, and of all her friends I like Audrey.

Will cutting my hair regain her attention, I'll do it... I don't want to sound clingy, but... I should have her attention! I know I am on her mind most of the time, who the fuck did she replace me with? Who is listening to her nonsensical rant? Not Laswell, that woman is all work no game.

"You want a mohawk?"

"Do you think I gonna have Dutch braid down the middle of my head?" I shot back arching a brow. Johhny nudges me and wraps an arm around my shoulder.

"Girls will look at you."

"In pure disgust, that's why you got no girlfriend."

Knock Knock.

Y/n slowly opened her door her (e/c) eyes had dark circles and burning determination. Her eyes widen and the door swings shut quickly. I put my foot out and stopped the door from fully closing. "You've been avoiding me, why?" I ask, I feel her throw her full weight at the door but I don't budge.

"I'm busy." She growls trying to close her door. If she wasn't avoiding me, this be rather funny.

"Then let's parallel play," I say quietly hoping she agrees. I feel her stop resisting and open the door slightly, her eyes peeking through.

"Fine."

I collapse onto her bed, taking in her smell. I couldn't describe how she smells, but it's sweet and addicting. I take a deep breath in, savoring her scent in my nose. I turn to look at her, she looks rather frail, tired, and stressed. I slightly reach my hand towards her, but pull back. 

I won't bother her.

Being in her presence is good enough.

I close my eyes and fall asleep.

The smell of the theatre was of floor polish, the air was cold and I pulled up my jacket. I looked at Charlie, why did I agree to go?  I don't know his sister well...

Until I saw her.

She's stunning, hair pulled back into a bun glitter in her hair with white feathers. Her little tutu and her movement. She was by far the most graceful girl there. I don't think I took my eyes off her. Though she had the slightest pout and rage in her eyes she moved like a professional prima ballerina.

I knew I fell in love with her. 

I never forgot how time and my heart stopped for that moment.

Poke... Poke... poke...

I open my eyes to see Gisele looking down at me, I smile at her stupidly mind-muddled. "I need my bed," she said bluntly.

"Cuddles?" I ask, blinking the sleep out of my eyes.

"Ow!" She smacked me on the head and I was fully awake.

"I still need space."

"It's been a week."

"And?" She grabs my arms and drags me off her bed, I am always surprised she can lift me, sometimes I forget she isn't completely weak... I went limp letting her hold my dead weight, I am not gonna make it easy on her, she's not gonna get rid of me this easily.