Chapter 1

The sun was about to set as the bright sunlight dimmed across the horizon. All the people in the small town were returning to their houses after the hard work of a day. They toiled away all their time without even realizing that. It was their work that kept them busy. They all valued money and thought twice before spending it. All of them had specific plans about spending their cash on various fields. They didn't spoil themselves with various choices; they only cared about fulfilling their necessities.

Not everyone is born filthy-rich like the daughter of their King -Princess Lindsay Wilton. While others spent all the day working hard, she wondered how to kill time. It was not like she didn't respect the privileges she had but, she didn't like the idea of being stuck in this four-walled palace all day and doing nothing. She looked out of her palace and saw people happily walk around and enjoy with their family. She thought life had so much to offer and people who worked hard to achieve their goals, appreciate it the most. She never knew what struggle was like. She was born to the King and Queen and she had a lot of servants who were waiting for her to command so, she didn't have to make an effort.

She appreciated the smallest things anyone did for her. While her family looked down upon other people as if there are nothing but, inferior beings, she had always respected everyone around her whether they were wealthy or they just did menial jobs. Her outlook on life was different from other royal people and her mother assumed she was just being naive and didn't know how a real Princess should be like. Lindsay wanted to go out, see the world, meet new people, have an identity of her own, not just being known as the Princess because she believed being a Princess was a gift from God as she was born in the Royal family but, she hadn't done anything that would make her stand out. She wanted to make something of her own and show the world that she isn't one of those delicate, fragile princesses; she was someone whom she wanted to be not what she was born to be.

Lindsay knew the common population of the town was living a tough life. It was hard for them to make both the ends meet because of the rising prices and lack of jobs. Many jobs were available here, in the palace, but, it was difficult to make it through. People had a hard time dealing with these circumstances. Lindsay knew she is the Princess but, she couldn't do anything about the town's administration. It made her feel heavy hearted that everyday many people died of starvation and other sufferings in her own kingdom. She even organized an event to feed the less-fortunate people. A huge weight got lifted off her heart when she saw the smiles on their faces as they blessed her for giving a thought to their well-being which was mostly ignored by the other rulers.

She always felt empty deep inside her because she felt she was doing nothing to contribute to the world. All she did was flock around in designer ball gowns, order people and live the life of luxury. She didn't like the fact that they had more things than they would ever need while people in the town are dying of starvation. All she wanted was freedom and a chance to prove that she could earn her own living.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, this is a bit different from what I write but, I would keep updating though this is gonna take time.

How do you feel about the story? Tell me in comments or on my twitter- ria17sep.

Thanks for reading. :)