7: the grief of death.

****

Electra stared at the girl she got arrested a month ago. She did not know how to feel after the story she was told. The story that was told to her two days before. Her story felt straight out of a melodrama. She could not wrap her head behind such sinister work. She just found it so hard to comprehend. The other girl had been moved to a morgue, it was tragic news but she did not know the girl, except for the fact that the girl was too young to be dead.

Life has a funny way of showing us a new dimension to a situation. She thought she knew it all. Accusing the girl of being an imposter, and sending her to prison, now she realized that all of it was much. Now she added to the abuse the girl faced. She wanted to puke, just thinking about everything Sheila told her. It must have been hard for a sixteen-year-old to deal with it and the adults in her life were no better. Electra spear-headed her arrest and made sure she and her dead sister spent a week in jail. That was much even if she was an imposter.

"Sheila, you should eat something, it is unhealthy to stay for this long and not eat," Electra said, taking her eyes off the girl.

"I am fine," Sheila waves off. Sheila might not say it to her face but she did not forget how she treated Denise, all this could have been solved a month before she had not tried to play God. Now she regretted everything that she did which led up to that.

"No," Electra asserted, "you are not. You look way too thin and stressed. You look like you have barely gotten enough sleep for the last few days. I am not sure you have eaten today."

"I am going to br fine. I will just tell Eddie to bring me something from the hospital canteen."

"That is not enough. Sheila, I understand what it must be like to find her after years of missing her for that long but you have to take care of yourself too, you can not fall sick and land here." Electra waved dramatically at the hospital.

"Electra let it be, I have enough rest for twelve years, as it is," Sheila muttered, she looked up at Denise and closed her eyes. The pain was visible in her eyes. Electra sighed watching her face, she took a seat next to her.

"When did the doctor say she would wake?" she asked, taking a so of her tea. "No."

"The other girl? What are the police stains about the funeral."

"Shettima is not telling me about the other girl. I am just too tired to think about all that is going on. Then there is Daniella, she is supposed to resume in two weeks but she doesn't look like she wants to come back home."

"Everything will be fine, you know that right?" She placed her hand on her shoulder.

"I... Don't even know if it would." Sheila said.

Suddenly, a groan erupted from behind them. Sheila looked up and blinked, "Denise?" she called.

"Denise..." Sheila walked toward the bed. She pressed the room button.

Denise tried to sit up, but she stared around. The doctor walked in, and the nurse asked them both to step out. Denise frowned, she glanced at her, it felt heavy and painful. She swallowed.

"What..."

"Miss Denise... It would be better if you do not move around so, you will not strain yourself."

****
"Mr Arabowale," the DPO nodded. Shettima wiped his face with a clean handkerchief. He hated coming to the police station. It stunk and it was usually because of one trouble or the other.

"Let's go," he walked toward the investigation room. "We had to handcuff her, she is quite violent." the DPO said.

Shettima walked toward the room, where she was sitting behind the table. Grace looked up and frowned, why was he here? What the hell did he want? She was already behind bars. Shettima pulled the chair and sat. He stared the woman right in the face and she started to look at him in the face.