28: Colton Wilfred.

****
Colton Wilfred stared at her, Tife, she was sitting there and munching on croissants and tea. He hated it, he hated how everything was going and it was because of one man, his father.

Tife looked up at him, surprised that he was standing there, Callum looked up, his eyes softened as Colton could see him visibly sigh. Colton walked in, he didn't say anything just sat next to his brother who was trying to finish his meal as fast as possible.

His father was sitting there sipping his tea while reading through his laptop. Colton didn't want to be here, but he didn't have a choice.

"Colton," Tife grinned. "Good morning," she greeted. Colton looked up, narrowed his eyes and looked away, he wasn't going to allow her to get under his skin.

"I was thinking of dinner, I asked your brother, and he said he was busy with  uni and stuff." It was on brand for Callum to lie to get out of anything that had to do with Tife. None of them wanted anything to do with her, not with the relationship she had with their father.

William Wilfred sat at the head of the table, quietly observing his sons. He had warned Tife against engaging with them, especially Colton because he felt like it wasn't worth it. Colton would never accept her. The misplaced anger he held toward Tife.

"Are you free on Saturday? Do you want to go?" Tife tried again.

"I am not going anywhere with you!" Colton snapped, Callum placed his hand on his arm, and William glanced at Colton who looked like he wanted to murder her.

"Oh, I am so sorry, I just... I was just asking, your dad said it would be good to spend time together, as I am part of the family now," Tife grinned.

Colton scoffed, she was as delusional as it came, she was never going to be a part of his family and the fact that his father continued to delude her was laughable.

"Colton I feel like you don't want to open your heart to me, I am trying here and you have to respond."

"I don't want you to try Tife, I don't care about you or whatever is going on with you, leave me alone," Colton said straight. Tife stared at him, she looked down, hurt. William's words came back to her.

"Colton, you need to watch your mouth," William muttered. He wasn't going to do much to stop Colton's hostility. Tife decided that she was just going to continue her food even though she lost her appetite.

"Colton can you try not to be..." He paused. "Colton, we are a family, can you be more respectable and nicer."

Colton swallowed, they were all staring at him, waiting for him to reply to her father. He didn't want to go through this, not now, not today.

They ate in silence after that, the table was still tense and Tife noticed the tension in the table and decided to lighten the mood.

"William, so I was thinking that Colton's band could perform what was in this year's gala," Tife suggested.

William looked up from his newspapers. Even Tife couldn't act like she didn't know the questions she just asked.
"Band?" William said and tuned to Colton, who went rigid. He was even angrier than when he initially sat at that table. 

"Are you still doing that hobby of yours?" William asked. Tife glanced at Callum, who was staring at her intently.

"My music career isn't a hobby father," Colton said tersely.

"Colton, we talked about this a month ago and you said you would think about this. I have told you several times that there is no place for musicians in my house!" William's voice raised. Why wouldn't Colton just stop being difficult?! All of this could have been avoided if he had just listened.