The Shopping trip

Milk, bread, cerial, the typical shopping trip continued as Lucy placed the groceries her mum Sarah instructed her to into the basket as they went down the Isles.

Lucy hated doing the weekly shopping trip, anyone at this time would normally be in bed or church, Lucy wished to do the former. She felt still tired during the trip and her mind was still foggy "lucy, focus, grab the eggs, 12, remember" Sarah repeated to Lucy,  she followed her mums instructions and picked up the box of 12 eggs and placed them into the basket.
Though she was still tired she did recognise that it was better than the hectic shop after school on Wednesdays, it felt like hundreds of people were rushing around them during those trips.

In the vegetable Isle the need to pee hit lucy, she didn't pee before she left the house like her mum told her to, that pared with the regrettable choice to drink alot of juice with breakfast made her squirm a bit.
"Can I run to the toilet please mum" Lucy asked her mum with a hint of desperation in her voice.
Her mum never let her use the toilet during the shopping trip, so she was not surprised to hear the same answer as normal repeated to her.
"Not until we finsih paying, your a big girl now, you should be able to hold it"

Lucy nodded with a hint of anxiety rising in her, the need to pee increased more as they rushed around the shop. The shopping cart never seemed to be full with everything they normaly has by the end of the trip.

Then the unimaginable happened, a leek dripped into her panties, if her mum found the damp patch it would end with her mum reinforcing the embarrassing rule of using the toilet every time they leave the house, whether or not she needed. The rule made sense but having her mum tell her to use the potty, especially when people were around was mortifying.
Lucy knew she needed to get to the toilet before the damp patch escalated.
"Please mum can i run to the toilet, I'm desperate" Lucy pleaded.
It was to no avail.
"No lucy, we are almost finished, you should have used the toilet before you left" her mum responded, stern, but there was a hint of sympathy in her voice.

Sarah was right, they had almost gotten everything, just a few more isles to go. Lucy took this with a new resolve, she was a big girl after all.
Putting in the final few items in the trolly she pushed her to the limits, she was feeling a bit of pain.
Her bladder gave in. She couldn't make it. She felt so small in the moment, week and powerles.

Lucy's underwear was ruined, her leggings were noticeably wet, it was a miracle that the floor was minimaly wet. Lucy went bright red as Sarah shook her head with disappointment.

"Follow me, lets get you cleaned up" Sarah told Lucy as they went to the clothing Isle to get some clean clothes.
Lucy grabbed herself a pink skirt and light blue pair of socks she went to grab a pack of pastel panties before her mum stopped her.
"That won't be necessary" Sarah said.
Lucy stopped confused. Her underwear was soaked, why wouldn't she need a clean pair.

They left that isle before heading towards the baby Isle, then it dawned on her. No, she wouldn't. Lucy was dumbfounded that her mum would really put her into those.
"Grab a pack of those pullups please" Sarah said pointing towards a pack that would fit Lucy before she grabbed a pack of wipes of a different shelf.
Lucy was bright red in the face, she had stopped wetting the bed a few years ago, she had stopped having day accidents a few years before that. Now her mum was buying her pull-ups.

Lucy was never more glad for the empty shop as she went to the toilets, wet patch full on view, a pullup removed from the packet, skirt and socks tag pulled off.
"Sit on the toilet and make sure you have got it all out of your system" her mum told her before she helped her get out the wet clothes. She then took a wipe and cleaned Lucy up then grabbed the pull up and opened it up for Lucy to step into.

Lucy then with the enforced help of her mum got changed into the clean clothes before going back into the shops.
Lucy felt the constant need to pull her skirt down to make sure it coverd the pullup, she knew it did, and even If it didn't there would be no one around to see it but she couldn't shake the need.
She felt a massive sense of relief when she made it to the car and could sit down and hide away from the world in her pull-up. She had no clue how long this would go on for.