Noah

Surprisingly, she tells me everything. She starts from where she was born, to how her childhood was, to how she lost her mom a few years ago. She tells me how she always wanted to be a doctor and how she's in school to become one. She tells me that she doesn't have many friends and that she's usually a quiet person. I told her that I disagreed with that fact. She tells me that she used to get bullied. She tells me everything.

The time passes quickly and neither of us notices that it's been well over 3 hours since we left the hospital. I look over at the digital clock on the screen of her car. 9:48.

"Oh my gosh," she says, checking her phone to make sure that it's almost 10 pm. "We have to go." She turns on the engine and backs out of the parking lot. I turn to look at her and I find myself in a trance. I don't do this. I remind myself. It never ends well. I'll go back to my normal ways, and they always end up leaving, and I get even worse. I turn away and look out the window. It will only make it worse.

**********

"Hey." I feel someone tapping my shoulder. "Wake up." The voice is smooth and sweet. I open my eyes and see Lily leaning over my armrest, shaking me awake. She smiles at me, a genuine smile. I look into her eyes and she looks into mine. No one is in the streets and I can hear the crickets' soft chirps outside. My eyes drift from her left eye, to her right eye, and down to her lips before I look back up. She looks at me with a puzzled expression, still smiling, as if she's trying to figure out what my intentions or my thoughts are right now. Don't do to her what you did to Bella. I snap awake and clear my throat.

"I should get going," I say, breaking the silence. I unbuckle my seatbelt and sit up straight. "Thanks for everything, from the hospital to the ice cream sandwich hack." I smile and she smiles back—heart flip #5.

"You're welcome," she says. "Goodnight douchebag." She beams at me before I open the door and walk out, feeling the cold December air envelop me.

"Goodnight Doc," I respond.