Family Shrub

We started the chapter as we see the Plantars, Anne, and James were in the living room. James, Sprig, Polly, and Anne were gluing pictures of frogs on a family shrub.

Anne: You know Hop-Pop, back home we call this a family tree.

Hop-Pop: That's because everyone in your world is crazy.

James: but I'm way crazier when it comes in pranking.

Hop-pop went back to reading the Plantar family history book.

Hop-pop: Now where was l...oh yes, great Aunt Gertrude. She was a masterful dirt tilter. I mean, how cool is that!

Anne/James/Sprig/Polly: Eh...

Hop Pop: Oh, and you can forget second cousin Alfred, he was the king!

Anne/Sprig/Polly/James: A king?!

Hop-pop: Yeah! The king of single-tiered irrigation systems. "He said as he turned the book towards us showing the picture of cousin Alfred."

Sprig and Polly groaned as Sprig laid his head on the table, Polly looked up in boredom, James looks away while crossing his Arms and Anne laid her chin on her palm uninterested.

Anne: Yep you lost me...

Polly: Our ancestors were boring!

Sprig: Were they really all just farm frogs? Where are the artists, the poets, the dreamers?

Hop-pop: Just farm frogs!? Kids, the point of the shrub is to give you an appreciation for your past. The Plantar family has layers, you just have to know where to look.

James: Layers huh? Ok then, well what's so special about her?

He motioned to a green frog on the family shrub.

Hop-pop: Polliana? Oh brace yourselves, she wasn't just any farmer! "He said as Polly gasped in anticipation." She was a Turnip Farmer.

Polly groaned from the answer and collapsed on the table.

Anne: Well as much as I'd love to help. Not gonna find any of my ancestors on your shrub so...

She laid on the couch and started playing a game on her phone as James sits next to her as he put on his Earphone and start listening to some songs in his Phone.

Hop-pop: You don't have to be blood to be a Plantar you know.

Anne: no, but you do have to be a master stacker to get to level 46...if I can just...

She leans forward focusing more on trying to beat her game but she loses.

Anne: ugh, curse you sudden death round! Why are you so hard... [Whined]

James reach over and supportingly pat her knee.

James: don't worry, Babe. you'll get it next time. "He said not taking his eyes off his own phone."

Hop-pop: Anne, this is based on nothing at all, but I'm almost certain that game will rot your brain! Same goes for you, James, your ears might be damaged if you listen to it way too loud.

James looks at Hop-pop and just shrugs before listening to his favorite song again.

Hop-pop then tries to squeeze out more glue from the glue bug only for none to come out.

Hop-pop: uh-oh, looks like we're out of glue!

Sprig: does that mean we have to stop?

Polly: can we do something fun now?

Hop-pop: no fun till the shrubs done. just gonna run to the store real quick and get more glue be back in a jiffy.

He then walks out the door humming until he bursts back in