CH-10

Annoying Girl In Next Door - 10

- Third Person Pov -

-

-

-

-

After that day, things between you and Haerin became awkward, akin to the bizarre way Woonhak discovered you guys.

He definitely assumed that you were making out or something.

Consequently, you and Kang Haerin started ignoring each other.

However, you couldn't help but ponder what exactly Woonhak really thought. You were damn sure he believed you and Haerin were engaging in something intimate, but... What he felt after that incident remained a question mark.

And let's not forget, Woonhak was Haerin's childhood crush.

So, what did Haerin feel after being caught in that compromising situation with you in front of Woonhak?

- Your Pov -

-

-

-

-

The echoes of the hallway bounced as I made my way to class, contemplating the upcoming test. Suddenly, Woonhak joined my side, a friendly smile on his face.

"Hey Y/n, good morning!" he greeted cheerfully, to which I responded with an awkward smile. Ever since Woonhak's return, a lingering awkwardness had filled the air, but it intensified after he stumbled upon me and Haerin in her room.

"Morning..." I replied, attempting to sound casual as we continued walking.

"There's a test today! How's your preparation?" he inquired, prompting me to scratch my nape.

"Very bad, hehe!" I chuckled, masking the reality as I glanced at him. Some things were better left unsaid.

"Oh..." he mumbled, nodding understandingly.

"I didn't even study the whole night. Just slept and ate!" I added with a smirk, attempting to downplay any academic diligence.

"Oh, is that so? Maybe you can sit with me, so I can help you!" Woonhak suggested out of the blue.

I hadn't anticipated this. I assumed he sought assistance, but instead, he offered to help me.

"Uh... You know what—" I began to decline, but he swiftly cut me off.

"No, no isn't an answer. And I don't want you to do badly in the exam. If I let you, Aunty will break your ass!" he declared, grabbing my hand and quickening our pace towards class.

"And don't worry about your girlfriend. Haerin will understand that!" he reassured, leaving me utterly dumbfounded.

Wait, what?! He thought Haerin, the Kang Haerin, the number one badass stray cat in our neighborhood, is my girlfriend...?!

- Kang Haerin Pov -

-

-

-

-

The cafeteria buzzed with chatter as we settled down for lunch. Eunchae, always curious, couldn't resist asking about our tests.