CHAPTER ONE ✔

Today was a special day and for two reasons.

One, it was the day the pack would celebrate their alpha something they have done for many generations and would continue to do for many more.

Two, whilst everyone was focusing on celebrating their alpha, Eleanor was celebrating her birthday and the only one to ever acknowledge this was her mum.

It was five years ago on her eighteenth birthday that it was supposed to be the happiest day of her life, she started off the day as normal and her mum showering her in presents excited to see her daughter grow into an adult. When she had arrived at college, which consisted of only wolves she instantly sniffed the air, it was different and alluring that she instantly started to follow the scent.

Her surprise to find out that the scent was coming from the then soon to be alpha and she watched as he turned round to face her a smile on his face that quickly turned into a frown when they both stared into each other's eyes.

'Mate'

Her wolf started whining wanting to be closer to her mate but Eleanor couldn't move and suddenly she was being dragged away as she felt the sparks going through her body, but also the pain from how hard his grip was on her. They we're suddenly in an empty room and she nearly fell on the floor if the table wasn't there when he pushed her inside, she was confused as to why he was acting this way.

Matthew Knight, soon to be alpha of the pack stared at the girl in font of him, although he couldn't deny she was beautiful he wasn't ready for his mate and wanted to continue sleeping with other girls. A poor excuse for what he was about to do but he still wanted to live his life without being tied down to someone else who he was supposed to spend the rest of his life with.

'I Matthew Alexander Knight,reject-'

Eleanor couldn't even listen to the rest as her heart broke into a million pieces, she didn't even notice when he left the room as she sat there on the floor crying her eyes out. She didn't understand why he would reject her, she hadn't done anything wrong and he was supposed to be the one she would spend the rest of her life with.

Clearly he didn't feel the same way.

In the last five years after being rejected she had become like the 'pack servant' in the pack, she had thought about running away but she couldn't do that to her mum. Before she was born her dad was killed in a rogue attack and normally something like that would literally kill you, to feel the lose of your mate, it would cause your own wolf to slowly die or you'd go completely insane to the point you would want to kill yourself.

The pack doctor had said many times how the reason her mum was still alive was because she didn't want to die without seeing her daughter happy, with her mate and finally starting her own family. Eleanor's heart broke at the thought of her mum struggling to live day by day because she wanted to see her only child happy when she knew her wish would never be fulfilled.

"Happy birthday" her mother smiled looking up as her daughter walked in the room. Eleanor had been up since five o'clock cleaning the house and getting breakfast ready for those who lived in the pack house. Not one of them wishing her a happy birthday, but she didn't expect anything less, her mum being the only one to do so in the last five years.

"You didn't have to get me anything!" she smiled as her mum handed her the small wrapped rectangular box.

"It's not much but I thought you would like it" her mum replied.

She slowly unwrapped the gift and opened the box to see a beautiful necklace, tears beginning to form in her eyes. "It's beautiful" she said hugging her mum who returned her daughters hug.