CHAPTER TWO ✔

It all happened so fast, Matthew had seen the rogues attacking Eleanor and he was trying to get there as fast as he could, there there was two of them attacking her, clawing through her skin and he growled loudly when he heard her whimpering in pain.

He was there in seconds pouncing on one rogue instantly snapping its neck and killing it instantly and then jumping on the other, growling as he bit out a chunk of its skin, and within seconds that rogue was also dead.

He stood over sniffing her body as he began whimpering.

'Eleanor, Eleanor stay with me!"

'Eleanor don't you dare close your eyes!'

'Don't close your eyes Eleanor!'

"Eleanor...I love you!'

Her eyes had closed as she turned back into her human form, instantly Matthew had done the same, he picked up her body and was running towards the pack infirmary. He was not going to lose her, he had so much to make up for even if she wouldn't let him.

He was going to stop at nothing until she would forgive him, like he told her earlier in the day, even if it took eternity he would. Demanding to see the pack doctor he placed her on the bed, "You need to help her, you have to save her!" he was shouting and a doctor quickly stepped forward to help the woman on the bed.

"You need to save her" he whimpered holding onto her hand as the doctor looked her over.

"Alpha, I'm going to need you to leave. I need to properly do my job and I can't do that if you're here" the doctor said he was a little confused at how Matthew was reacting to Eleanor considering how he had seen him and the rest of the pack treat her. The doctor assumed this woman was his mate and was a little confused as to why only know he was caring for but he knew better than to ask questions and he had to save her life.

Alpha wasn't listening as he stood holding onto Eleanor's lifeless hand still.

"Alpha you need to let me do my job" he said loudly finally gaining Matthew's attention as he nodded his head and finally managed to leave the room so he could save her. He sat outside his head in his hands as he thought about his mate, he has made many mistakes in his life but the worse one he had ever made was rejecting her.

It felt like hours but had only been ten minutes and he hadn't even realised that someone else sat down next to him until there hand was resting on his back.

"Son?" Lennox's deep voice spoke softly to his son.

"It's all my fault dad" he whispered the tears running down his cheeks as he thought about Eleanor fighting for her life.

Lennox shoke his head, "It is not your fault Matt, you didn't know there was going to be a rogue attack. There was nothing you could do" he reassured his son but he just kept shaking his head. "Dad it would have all been different if I just accepted her five years ago, it's my fault how the pack treat her and it's my fault she thinks I don't love her...I was young and stupid and that doesn't make up for the fact that I rejected her. How could I reject the woman I am supposed to spend the rest of my life with" he ranted pulling at his hair.

Lennox looked sadly at his son, hearing that his son had rejected Eleanor and the fact that he knew nothing about this angered him but he knew how his son felt considering he had done the same thing to his mate all those years ago.

"Us men, we are a stupid species. Matt I know the feeling of guilt, the guilt at rejecting your mate. When I found your mum I did the same thing and rejected her instantly, I mean it only took weeks for me to crawl back and beg for her forgiveness but I understand how you feel worthless and guilty for the pain you caused her" he explained to his son seeing the shocked expression on his face when he found out his dad had rejected his mum when they we're younger.