Usually most fairytales start with 'Once upon a time,' but bear with me dear reader for I am not that fortunate. All I could see were the two pools in my eyes as I was sprinting in the thick forest. Branches kept scraping my skin but I didn't care.I did not know where I was going, all I wanted was to go away. Far far away. My heart felt numb, void of any emotion. It was as if it died with him. The wind blew my messy golden curls back with the tears which were now rolling down my cheeks. He was really gone, my father. It was a truth which sent me deeper into the abyss of darkness. From the distance I could hear their shouts until I was so far away that I couldn't hear anything at all. I don't know for how long I ran or how far I was until I stumbled upon a branch and fell. I remember my body rolling down the steep and finally colliding with a tree. I lay there for some time with soft sobs escaping my lips. Everything else was a blur. All I wanted was for the pain to end. After crying my heart out I sat there in silence and just gazed into the darkness. My eyelids slowly started becoming heavy and my heart burned in my chest. I slowly started drifting off to unconsciousness but then a loud sound snapped me back into reality. I pumped power into my weak legs and followed the sound. I kept losing my balance and used the trees for support. I finally stopped when I realized where I was. The borders which divided the light realm and the dark realm. I heard the sound again and snapped my head to the right where I saw a black creature- a phoenix arrow in it's right wing bellowing in pain. A whimper escaped my lips  and I slowly started backing away, my vision blurring and my heart beating madly in my chest. My eyelids slowly started fluttering and I could see only pecks of light in the darkness but I kept walking backward. My legs felt weak with each step I took as I fought to stay awake. I lost my footing and fell into warmth as arms wrapped around me cushioning my fall. "Woah."
My head rested on someone's chest and I could hear a calm heartbeat. I felt safe and the warmth was soothing. I buried myself deeper into the chest. My lips were quivering and I wanted to feel more of that warmth.
"You're heating up. Probably a fever." I heard the person  say, his voice calm and soft. My heart hummed in my chest at the sound of his voice. He smelt like smoke and cinnamon. I inhaled wanting to get more of that scent. I held on to his arm as he put his palm on my forehead and I didn't want to let go.
"It's okay. You'll be fine." He assured me and to my surprise, I believed him. My heart believed him. I half opened my eyes and got a glimpse of raven black hair and grey eyes staring down at me before I drowned further into the darkness and drifted off to unconsciousness. But even in darkness, dear reader, I found it odd how it was easy to believe a stranger. Maybe it was his voice, the care in his eyes or the warmth of his body because yes I believed him.