Another Life

Just...breathe...

I wrapped my hair in a towel as I exited the shower. Steam had filled the bathroom, fully covering my mirror in a fine mist. I grabbed a cloth and cleared space to see my reflection. I ran my hand over my cheek and down my neck, slowly, causing myself to shiver in spite of the hot shower I had just taken.

Just...breathe...

I shook my head as if to shake away my thoughts. I was getting ready for a date...my first date in years. It was with a friend, so I really shouldn't have been nervous. Still my hands shook a little as I put on my clothing and did my makeup. He had told me not to worry about dressing too fancy - as far as I was told, the plan was a backyard picnic, with his projector set up in the backyard so we could watch movies and play Smash Bros. Still, I cycled through roughly 5 pairs of jeans, a sun dress, and a skirt, before switching back to the first pair of jeans again. I grabbed my plain black V-neck top and slid it on. I did some light makeup, reasoning with myself that he had seen me with no makeup and pjs before, so the need to do my whole face seemed silly. I spritzed my perfume onto my neck and wrists, grabbed my phone and my keys, and walked out, locking my door behind me.

Once I got in my car and on the road, I found myself endlessly skipping songs on my Spotify. It seemed that my queue was all spicy songs and I couldn't let myself get into that kind of mindset. He and I were just friends, he only ever thought of me as a friend, and this was just him being nice. I took in a deep slow breath, turned off the radio, and let my brain focus on the directions. I shut off my thoughts as best as I could, but as I got closer to his house, my palms began to sweat and my cheeks were turning red, as if my subconscious knew more about tonight than I would let myself believe. Pulling into the gravel and dirt driveway, I did my best to calm myself down - which would have worked better if I hadn't see him in the window, smiling and waving excitedly. I smiled, my cheeks a nice candy apple shade of red, as I waved back.

"Hey pretty lady-wow you look really red! Are you okay, do you have a fever? Are you sick? We can do this another time if you're not feeling up to it" I felt my face burn even hotter against his cool, bony fingers as he began to fuss over me. He lightly, accidentally (or was it) brushed my lips and he did so, and I backed away and fidgeted with my shirt.

"W-what oh, uh, no not sick. Just got a bit...warm in the car..." I quickly lied as my date smirked and gave me the side eye. I swear in that moment, I saw his eyes flash completely white for a second, but when I looked at him again, his eyes were normal, bright and beautiful, reminding me of soft, fluffy clouds, with the black in the center sucking me into his gaze. I shook my head again reminding myself to breathe and we walked into the house. I followed him through the house, greeting the cats that ran to me, meowing and purring. I took time to pet them as we exited the house and reached the porch.

The sight in front of us was magical. Not only was the projector set up and ready, but the yard was lit up with twinkle lights and there was a massive pile of fluffy blankets and pillows, with room in the middle where the picnic basket sat. Fireflies lazily floated through the air, mimicking the stars that were beginning to appear and sparkled above us. He turned and offered me his hand, smiling that pure, handsome smile I've become so infatuated with. I placed my shaky, lightly sweating palm in his, and followed him to the pillows. We sunk down into our cozy nest and he turned on the projector. He pulled the basket close to us and opened the lid.

"So uh, I know you've not been feeling very well since..." the silence was heavy, but I knew he was trying to work out how to keep me from getting upset, "...well since the whole...thing" he waved his hand as he spoke, as if to push out the negative thoughts of my breakup from the whole conversation. "I kinda just grabbed a bunch of your fav-OH!" He yelped as I threw my arms around him in a hug. He chuckled as he hugged me back, and I sunk into his comforting embrace.

"Thank you Zyggy," I whispered into his ear. I felt him hug me tighter and give me a small kiss on the cheek. I pulled away, feeling so vulnerable and overwhelmed with my feelings. Zyggy noticed, and reached out to brush my hair out of my face. I looked up to meet his gaze and found his piercing eyes looking into my soul. My throat felt like it was closing and I quickly looked away again. There was no way, no way at all that Zyggy would be interested in me like this. I wasn't sure he was interested in ANYONE like that. Still...

Before anything more could happen, our movie began, and 13 Ghosts jumped to life on the sheet it was being projected on to. Zyggy and I made eye contact again, smiled, and then turned to the movie screen. I couldn't focus on any part of the movie as my mind raced with thoughts about that small peck on my cheek. It was just a friendly kiss...wasn't it? I mean, it wasn't like he went for my lips or anything, and he's always been such a kind and loving friend. Maybe I was reading into it all, but as that thought began to cross my mind, I felt him pull me closer so that my head was resting on his lap. His long fingers began to slowly weave through my hair, careful to avoid any knots or tangles. I melted into him and grabbed his hand so that he'd wrap his arm around me. I heard him lightly chuckle and he pulled me into him, squeezing me a little extra. I closed my eyes and for the first time in a while, felt at peace.

                                                                                       Part 2

I don't know when it happened, but when I opened my eyes, the credits were rolling and I was damp from the puddle of drool dripping from my mouth onto Zyggy's chest. Sitting up, I awkwardly giggled, "wow sorry about that. I didn't mean to make you all wet," I felt my face burn as Zyggy shot me a smirk and raised his eyebrow. "WITH DROOL! You know what I meant" my face burned as I nervously giggled and hid under a blanket that was nearby. I felt him start to tickle me and I erupted into laughter as I wiggled out and tried to get away.

"Oh? Do I know what you meant?" The skeleton laughed and kept trying to tickle me before pinning me down under him. We let our giggling fade and as we took in our new position. My face was now molten hot and I kept trying to look away from him. "You know, you're really pretty from this angle," Zyggy said, trying to be smooth. I gasped and feigned offense, before Zyggy began to chuckle again. "You're pretty from all angles, this is just a new one for me to appreciate you in." We laughed softly and I felt our faces get closer and closer. I felt his hand move from my wrist to the back of my head and closed my eyes as our lips met. In that moment, I swear there were fireworks, and we continued kissing as we rolled to the side.

I felt Zyggy's hand slide up my shirt and along my back, and he lightly pulled on my bra as if to ask if this was okay. I pulled him in closer and continued to kiss him while nodding and felt the latch come away. I slipped out of my shirt and bra and saw him sit up to take off his shirt too. We were again wrapped in each others embrace, Zyggy holding my head still while using his other hand to gently touch my chest and play with my nipples. I moaned and he moved his mouth onto my neck and began to kiss and bite. My entire body felt electrified and I gasped as he dug his teeth into my collarbone. He pulled away briefly and brushed my hair away from my face. "Are you sure you want to do this?" He whispered. "You're going through a lot right now, and this is usually more of DZ's sort of thing..." he trailed off.

"Yes, but only if this is comfortable for you. We can stop wherever and whenever. Right now I'm just happy to be with you." With that, he pulled me back into another deep kiss and we continued. He grabbed my ass and began to grind into me with his thigh, teasing me and making me whimper in pleasure. We unbuttoned our pants and quickly continued getting undressed. Zyggy let out a low whistle of approval when he saw me fully naked. I laughed and silenced him with a kiss and we continued making out.

"You're one hundred percent sure?" He whispered into my ear. I shivered and nodded, blushing. With a gasp, I felt Zyggy fully thrust into me, filling me entirely. He moaned and for a moment again, his eyes flashed completely white. He shook his head and leaned in to kiss me, slowly thrusting in and out. I felt him in every part of me, and which each thrust I got wetter and wetter. He moved one of his hands and began to rub my clit as he fucked me, and I moved my hips to meet his. "Come on baby, cum for me." He whispered, sending me over the edge as I came all over him. He sped up, thrusting and deeper and harder and I screamed in ecstasy. With a final thrust, he finished, collapsing on top of me.We laid there, in a heap of blankets and discarded clothing, our bodies intertwined. We gazed into each others eyes, just smiling and taking each other in. It felt like we could spend eternity in this moment, just enjoying each other's presence.