Hima's Question

Chapter Fourteen

Hima's Question

Prompt: Pain Arc

On a quiet, sunny Wednesday afternoon, the Seventh Hokage sat relaxed and content in the nook of his living room couch, tucked beneath the soft weight of his wife, lovingly petting the hard swell of the internal crib housing his twin boys.

Fresh from the shower following a hard day's work, stomach full of his Hinata's drool-worthy cooking, he'd settled in to watch a popular dram that had a very firm grip on wife's tumultuous emotions.

"So wait, did this guy fake his own death, or is that the evil twin?" he asked, eyes squinted in concentrated confusion, big hands stroking her belly.

She shook her head, her dark hair rubbing against his chest as she giggled in his lap, "neither, Naruto-kun, that's their long lost sibling."

He squinted again, brain crisscrossing to make sense of the moving parts, "but he looks just like the other one."

"Yes," she confirmed, snickering, "that's because they were triplets separated at birth."

His blonde brows crashed together, bottom lip falling into a pout, "so he's not the evil one? That makes no sense because he's trying to blow up a hospital, dattebayo."

"He is the evil one," Hinata said, bumping her fingers together as she added cheekily, "but he's the evil triplet not the evil twin ..."

Brow twitching, Naruto snagged the cute little button nose of his smart mouthed life partner between his fingers, grinning as the move added a piggy snort to her laughter, "you're splittin' hairs on purpose. Twins, triplet, quaddroplets, whatever! They all got the same face, and one of em's evil."

"Quadruplets," she nasally corrected as another piggy giggle bubbled from her throat.

"Are you really gonna keep going?!" he cackled, gently tugging her nose in punishment, "keep it up and you're gonna sound like a little piglet forever!"

"Fwoggy Fwiends!" a choirs of high pitched shouts exploded down the hall along side little feet.

Releasing his minx of a wife's nose, he returning his hand to the swell of her tummy as he watched his two youngest boys raced down the hall, Haruto holding a unfortunately familiar DVD case in his hand.

Froggy Friends.

The bane of every Konoha parent.

One of, if not the most popular kids show in the village that never got any less obnoxious each time he was forced to sit through it.

He could only assume both Kawaki and Boruto were watching television in the respective rooms having finally severed enough time in their grounding phased to get their TV privileges back, otherwise the two toddlers would have settled down to watch their godforsaken show in one the rooms they shared with the older boys.

"Fwoggy Fwiends!" Haruto shouted again, jumping up and down beside the couch, DVD held high over his flaming red head.

Maruto bounced in place on his little legs, doing that funny little baby bop all toddlers seemingly institutionally knew how to do, clapping his hands and chanting "fwoggy fwends!" right along side his brother.

Naruto exhaled a silent breath of exasperation, pouting when his wife stroked his arm in shared sympathy.

Hinata could tolerate it a lot longer than him, though he wasn't surprised, her patience had always been legendary.