Chapter 24-30 The End of the World

Chapter 24

Before Gu Rong was fully conscious, she suddenly sat up and got out of bed to put on her shoes. Her hands and feet were cold, but her movements were quick and without any panic.

"Gu Rong, don't be afraid."

A slightly hoarse voice came from outside the door. Gu Rong's fingers paused for a moment and actually calmed down. She stood up, picked up the short knife on the bedside table, and walked towards the door.

Outside the door, Qin Shaochen had an abnormal blush on his face and neck due to a high fever, but his expression was calm and inexplicably gave people a sense of security. He had just hung up the phone, and an alarm sounded outside. .

Qin Shaochen smiled at Gu Rong and repeated, "Gu Rong, don't be afraid."

Gu Rong took a deep breath and nodded to Qin Shaochen.

Qin Shaochen and Gu Rong walked to the balcony together and looked at the bloody moon in the sky.

In order to cope with the situation of the end of the world, although this is a temporary base, it has also taken necessary protective measures. The simplest point is that there are no plants nearby, not even in the room. There are green plants, and it is quite far from the city center.

Logically speaking, there shouldn't be too much impact here, but Gu Rong always felt that there was a strong smell of blood in the air, and there were constant wailing sounds in his ears.

Gu Rong held a short knife in one hand and tightly grasped the guardrail of the balcony with the other.

Qin Shaochen immediately noticed Gu Rong's strange behavior: "I'll help you go back."

According to the information already known, when the blood moon appears, it is when the superpowers begin to differentiate and awaken, but the blood moon will not affect the human body.

The lights in the rooms next to it have been turned on one after another, and there are many more people on the balcony.

Gu Rong pursed her lips tightly: "Did you hear the sound?"

Qin Shaochen felt that what Gu Rong was talking about was not the siren, but he didn't hear any other sounds. Even Shi Zhou and others next door were staring at the blood moon in silence: "No."

Gu Rong turned to look at Qin Shaochen. Although she tried her best to stay calm and not let herself be affected by outside sounds, her eyes were full of sadness: "Many people are asking for help."

At this moment, Qin Shaochen felt distressed for the first time. He put his arms around Gu Rong and said, "Gu Rong, those are not your responsibility, nor are they caused by you."

Gu Rong lay quietly in Qin Shaochen's arms. Because Qin Shaochen had a fever, his body temperature was much higher than usual. The temperature seemed to burn Gu Rong, but Gu Rong Instead of struggling, he quietly grabbed Qin Shaochen's clothes: "Qin Shaochen, my head hurts."

Those screams and wailings seemed to have turned into long iron nails that were hammered into her brain little by little. It was more of an unbearable torture than pain.

Gu Rong's body was trembling. She felt like something was eating her brain, or something was about to break through her skull and come out.

The body's instinct of self-protection made Gu Rong want to faint immediately, but she had an intuition that knew she couldn't faint. The pull between instinct and intuition made Gu Rong feel like she was suffering every second.

Qin Shaochen reached out and covered Gu Rong's ears: "I'm here, don't be afraid."

There was a knock on the door. Qin Shaochen heard it but ignored it. The person outside the door also became more anxious because he was worried about the knock on the door.