Chapter 5: Flight Through the Stars

Elevated above the chaos and terror that reigned on the ground, I found myself in a realm of wind and stars, firmly secured to the back of the dragon. As we ascended, the forest faded beneath us, turning into a mosaic of shadows and flashes of light slipping away. The powerful beating of the dragon's wings resonated in my ears, a sound that was both a roar of defiance and a hymn to freedom.

Despite the fear that engulfed me, a sense of wonder began to blossom within me. The vastness of the night sky opened before me, an immense canvas dotted with twinkling stars. The cold wind, which had previously lashed at me fiercely, now caressed my face, inviting me to let go of all my worries and fears. I was flying, a dream I had never imagined possible, and it was happening on the back of a creature as feared as it was revered.

The dragon, in its act of rescue, did not utter a word. Its focus seemed to be on the flight, on each powerful beat of its wings that took us higher and higher. Below us, the world seemed different, distant and foreign, a place of concerns and fears that now appeared small and insignificant.

With each passing minute, my initial fear transformed into an unexpected sense of peace. The fury and fire I had witnessed on the ground had become an act of majestic protection, lifting me above the dangers that had lurked around me. The fatigue, a product of the emotions and events of the day, began to take its toll on my body and mind. My eyelids grew heavier, and the rhythmic cadence of the dragon's flight turned into a soft and steady lullaby. On the back of this powerful and mysterious creature, I surrendered to sleep, trusting that it would keep me safe.

I plunged into a deep sleep, a rest that could only be found in the arms of an unexpected protector. The dragon continued its flight through the night sky, carrying me across the stars, towards an unknown destination. In that moment, on the back of the dragon, in the realm of the heights and the stars, I found a refuge, a place of rest and peace, far from the world I knew.