Preface

Once upon a time, in a world only found in the depths of the ocean, lived a royal family. This family ruled over all the seas, including every fish, every mammal, and every mermaid. This kingdom was created to protect its people from harm. These citizens now rest easy sleeping below the surface, where no human dares to venture. Mermaids and mermen live amongst each other peacefully, often sharing in the delight of food and music. The people of this kingdom developed communication with fish and other sea creatures due to their own new nature, living with fins in place of feet. Many of the merpeople forgot what life was like before they began life under the sea. As time passed, new merfolk were born, and many of the elders who still remembered being human no longer spoke of such times before. Life to them was simply as it was in the ocean and will ever be.
Yet, in this kingdom under the sea lived a Prince. A Prince who was trapped by the duties of his kingdom and would do anything to protect his people and those he loved. He was strong and brave, known for his talent with a trident. His people adored him, as well as many of the mermaids that looked unto him at each Royal gathering. However, alongside the Prince lived a witch. Her mother stood beside the king, aiding the kingdom in more ways than any citizen would ever know. This sea witch possessed the same talent for magic as her mother but she was most well known for her infamous deals.
Her name was Ursula.