You look at me the same (but I can't reciprocate)

Song : Your face // Wisp

...

...

Or : Viva knows about the feeling Clay has for her but as long as her mind isn't in the right place, there's no way she can reciprocate.

...

Viva knows what Clay feels for her; anyone can see the kind of feeling he feels for her.

From the way he looks at her, staring at her like she was the only star shining brightly in the sky, and when she leaves for home, his face sulks as if his favourite star had disappeared as the sun rises.

Or when he tried to brush his hand against hers as they walked side by side while observing the village and kept trying to steal her glances.

If anyone ever dared to ask Viva if she felt the same for him, she would never deny it. Rather, she would stare down at the ground beneath, mutter a few incoherent words, then walk away, leaving the askers to interpret her answers in their own way.

Eventually, Viva came to terms with the fact that she had also started to think of him differently, like the way he thinks about her, but in the back of her mind, she knew she could never tell him.

In fact, she knows that she has to throw those thoughts away. She knew that she wasn't in her right mind. Bearing herself with the guilt she had for twenty years, she could never love anyone again, fearing something dreadful could happen at any given time.

Like what happened with her and her family.
She spent years resenting the Bergens for separating her along with other trolls from their families and resenting her cowardice for not stepping out of the village to find where her lost family is.

The hatred she has for herself is slowly destroying her mind little by little. The facade she built started to crumble for others to see.

"Clay can't want me. I'm not worth it. I can't let him feel this way for me any longer."

Once Clay noticed Viva's lovely colours had faded, it didn't take him long to sit her down.

"Viva.." His eyes stared at her pitifully. He rested his arm behind her, allowing the poor girl to rest her head on his shoulder.

The girl's eyes grew tired as she sighed, letting out the breath she was holding for, cupcake's knows, how long.

"I'm just really tired, Clay. I just need some rest, then I'll be fine by the morning."

Clay shook his head. "That's not the only reason, is it?" He slowly removed his arm and stood her head up.

"Viva, I know that your past is starting to eat you up."

"No Clay. I'm fine, and that was so long ago." She slapped his hand away.

"Long ago or not, it doesn't matter. Look, Vivs, for years you've been holding everything in. I noticed, and you know what? Everyone did. You've been holding that in for so long that it's starting to show physical signs." He held onto her shoulders again, her body silently twitching against his cold hands.

"Those eyes. Those eyes again!"

"Stop! Clay!" She shouted as she jumped up from her sofa, trying to get away from the green troll.

"Viva! What's going on?"

"Those eyes! You're looking at me like that again!" She pointed at him while shouting angrily at the confused troll.

"Looking at you like what?! Viva, I don't understand!"

"Don't you play Coy, mister! I know you like me!" Clay stood in silence before he started chuckling at her words.

"Girl, everyone likes you! You're our leader!" The leader in question groaned in annoyance.

"No! That's not it. You're in love with me!" Clay stopped chuckling. He looked at Viva seriously before slowly walking towards her, causing her to also slowly step back.

"...Yeah. I am." He sighed before continuing, "I am in love with you, and I know you feel the same. You looked at me the same. You used to ignore me when I tried to hold your hand, but now you started reaching out too."

"..Do I?"

"Yeah."

Viva went quiet; her fingers were shaking as she stared at her feet. At some point, greenish-blue hands came into her view, covering her own hands.

"I'm not going to ask you to be mine. I know you aren't ready for these kinds of things, with all this going on inside your head already. Adding more stuff won't help, but I just wanted you to know that I'll wait for you." He smiled before pulling her into his embrace.

"You really... will?" She asked, unsure if he actually meant it.

"I will. For as long as you want me to wait, but before that, I want to help you with anything, as much as I can. If you want to vent, I'll listen. If you want to be hugged, I'll hug you as long as you want, and if you need a shoulder to cry on, I'll stay until there's no more tears left." He rubbed her back, and Viva sank further into him, enjoying the comfort he gave her.

"What if I take forever? Forever is a long time.."

"I don't really care; as long as I can see you every day, that's good enough for me." He smiled softly.

"Okay," she slowly smiled, "I'll do my best to recover."

"That's enough for me."

"Thank you, Clay." She blushed as he hugged her tighter than before.

"One day, Clay. I promise that I will tell you."

"That I love you."

...

I know that's not exactly how the song goes but I tried my to write it how I interpreted it. Also I have no idea how to write Viva and Clay since I'm not use to them yet but I hope I didn't write them too bad.

If you read my Trolls react, I'm delaying chapter 9 because I don't really feel too well to write anything happy yet lol. Work has been killing me slowly. Not really fun and happy tbh but they gave us a bottle of Prosecco each so I guess that's not too bad.