Naive [Edited]

Song: Vampire // Olivia Rodrigo

...

...

Or: By some miracles, Creek found his way back convinced that the rest of the trolls would find the kindness in their hearts to forgive him. Especially, Poppy.

Set after Trolls world tour. [Around six months after the first movie]

...

As the night fell, the sounds of crickets and the snores of diurnal animals were heard echoing throughout the forest as a troll walked tirelessly, trying to escape from the scariness of the dark forest.

His whole body was tense, but his mind was filled with the hopes and dreams of a safe space that he could settle in.

Preferably, his old home, The Trolls Village.

That's where he's trying to go now. He was convinced that the rest of the trolls would find the kindness in their hearts to forgive him.

Especially, Poppy.

As his old friend, he was convinced that she would be willing to take him back. He was a good friend and a good troll. A troll who was willing to give her advice when she needed it. A troll who would let her rant to him about the hardships of her learning how to be a good future queen.

She would take him back.

He's sure that she understood what he had to do to survive. Everyone would do the same. Well, maybe not her, but his old friends would, her subjects would, and even that..

Grey troll.

Suddenly, a smell of freshly baked cupcakes hits his nostrils.

"I'm finally home." He said it out loud, sighing softly. His smiles then widen as he watches the lights illuminating from a big pink pod.

His feet felt like they're moving on their own towards the said pink pod.

Using his hair, he created a ladder that he could use to get to the pod. As he approached the door, he suddenly stopped to make sure that his appearance was good enough to be looked at before holding his fists up to knock on the door.

The door opened to reveal the troll he was waiting for, Poppy.

"Hey-" Poppy stopped herself when she realised who stood in front of her door. "Creek?!" She yelled in shock. Her shocked expression slowly turned into an irritating one.

"Creek." She said his name again, now with a bitter tone, causing faint shivers to be sent throughout his body.

"Hello, love." He greeted her awkwardly.

"Don't say that casually to me after what you've done." She angrily shut him down.

"Whoa, whoa! Let's calm down a bit, shall we?" He held his hands up as a sort of protection.

Poppy stopped herself; she suddenly looked around for any trolls passing by before dragging him into her pod.

"What are you doing here in my village?!" She demanded. Creek was stunned, not wanting to believe that this was the same Poppy that he left behind.

"To live! Of course!" He laughed at the obvious.

"..Live?" She slowly asked, surprised by someone's audacity. "After that?" She continued, "After you sold everyone out?"

"But none of you got eaten, right?" He laughed, stating the obvious.

"No, of course we didn't. After some time of begging the Bergens that there's other ways to find happiness than eating trolls," she scoffed.

"I'm sorry, Creek, but you are so foolish to think that you have a place here in my village. I'm not naive, Creek. I'm not going to easily take you back. I'm not the same person you tried to destroy all those months ago." She explained, stepping back, trying to get away from her old friend.

"I'm sorry, okay?! I had to do what I had to do! Everyone would do the sam-" Poppy cut him in before he could finish.

"No. Only you would do that. Everyone else is too good to do that. You know what? Not even trolls from other tribes would do that. Selling each other away because they wanted to live for the next day. I would never do that to you." Tears started filling the queen's eyes. Creek stared at her, not knowing what to do or how to convince her.

"I would never do it to you because, guess what? I love my friends, I love my people, and I loved you, Creek. You helped me with my weird problems many times and always helped trying to find solutions to them, but unfortunately, that's not enough for me to let you stay here."

"No.." Creek tried to protest, but Poppy held her out.

"No, I'm the Queen now, and I have to look out for my people, and you are a danger to them. Who knows? You might do it again." She raised her eyebrow, scoffing.

"I won't." He shook his head, disagreeing with the queen.

"I can't take only your words for it. I might look like it, but I'm not naive. You only say things, but you never mean them."

Creek went silent for a moment, trying to find words. "You've been spending too much time with that grey troll..." He suddenly said, venom filled his mouth.

"He's not grey anymore, and you're not wrong; I do like spending a lot of time with my boyfriend." Creek went speechless. 'Boyfriend?' That word repeated itself in his head while he stared at her weirdly.

"What's going on here?!" A third voice interrupted. Creek turned his head towards the voice, then gasped after seeing the colours of the trolls standing in front of him.

"Branch?" He mumbled to himself, still in shock.

"Creek?" Branch asked in shock before frowning. "What are you doing here?!" He yelled.

"He wanted to come back." Poppy answered for him. She stepped towards Branch, tangling her arms with his.

"Come back?! After everything?!" Branch death glared at him.

"Literally what I asked!" Poppy said, scooting closer to her lover.

Creek sighed, knowing that he would never win. He knew he shouldn't have come here and shouldn't have hoped that he would be forgiven easily.

"Fine." He suddenly said, "I'll leave. It seems that I'm not welcome here."

"You finally realised that, don't you?" Poppy face palmed.

"Yeah," Creek agreed before slowly stepping towards the door.

"Wait!" Poppy stopped him. Creek turned his head, hoping that she changed her mind.

Poppy let go of Branch before walking to her kitchen. She grabbed a couple of her freshly made cupcakes and gently placed them in a box she had lying around. She gave them to Creek.

"You're probably hungry, so have this. Please don't come back and let any of us see your face again." Creek nodded before walking out the door. He flinched as the door loudly shut behind him. He sadly sighed before walking off into the dark forest again.

Never to be seen again.

Hopefully.