chapter 501

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

The sun rose, and then it set. The moon appeared, and then it disappeared with the morning light. This repeated for many days, and soon winter passed, and it was now the first day of spring.

The warm spring sun was magical, but it was not enough to warm Jeremy’s heart.

It had been three months since he last saw Elsa and heard her angelic voice.

It had been three months since he last saw anything at all.

He had visited many hospitals, both large and small, but none of them could effectively fix his blindness. No doctor dared to operate on his eyes rashly. After the examination, the doctors said that there were no longer issues with Jeremy’s retina, and the reason why his vision had not recovered after so long could be due to other factors that were currently unknown to them.

Other factors?

What other factors?

Before Jeremy could delve deeper into it, Elsa appeared in his mind.

‘Angel, three months have passed. I wonder how you’re doing?’

Could it be that deep down he did not want to see? Could it be that he felt he deserved this punishment for everything he did to his beloved?

While leaving the doctor’s office with his father, Jeremy asked George if he could take him to April Sea. George agreed, and after helping Jeremy into the car, he drove them to the sea.

He helped Jeremy walk over to the beach and stand on the sand at his favorite spot.

“You head back first. You can come pick me up when the sun is about to set. I want to be alone for a while,” Jeremy said and stood there silently.

George did not try to persuade him and drove away alone.

Jeremy had come here often in the past three months, but he would not enter the water. He would just feel the cold sea breeze and listen to the sounds the sea made. He would stand under a palm tree, not far from the water, looking in one direction.

‘Angel, do you ever think of me? Do I ever cross your mind, even for a second?

‘Probably not.

‘Why would you think of someone like me, a scumbag?’

Jeremy laughed at himself, lightly touching the ring on his finger and twisting it gently.

He had lost some weight in the past three months, but he didn't expect his fingers to become so thin. Lost in thought, the wedding ring slipped from his grasp.

Jeremy’s expression suddenly changed.

He heard a clink as the ring fell to the ground, possibly hitting a stone. He quickly crouched down and tried to search for it, but all he found was sand, shells, and small stones. His eyebrows furrowed tightly as his anxiety grew.

This wedding ring was the only reminder he had of his bond with Elsa. It was a precious treasure to him, the only one he had left.

Frantically, he searched and searched, but he couldn’t feel anything.

Had he really lost his wedding ring? Oh no! Jeremy felt like his heart was being torn apart.

He squatted down, feeling the ground around him. His hands were covered in dirt and sand, yet he still couldn’t find it. Jeremy was in a state of panic. He was so desperate that tears threatened to escape his eyes. Kneeling on the ground, he searched aimlessly for his wedding ring.

His face turned pale as snow, and a worried expression took over. He looked exhausted, as if he had lost all his energy. Tears began to gather in his eyes, and soon, they rolled down his cheeks.

He was crying. He was anxious. He was looking like a child who had lost their favorite toy.

Just when he had almost lost all hope of finding the ring that could have been carried into the sea, he unexpectedly heard footsteps approaching him.

“Are you looking for this ring?”

That voice put a sudden stop to Jeremy’s search. He felt a touch of surprise as he gently lifted his eyes that could no longer capture any light and color.

“Maricruz?... Bruno’s sister? Is that you?”

Hearing that Jeremy recognized her voice, Maricruz smiled as she placed the ring she had just picked up in Jeremy’s hand.

“It is me, Jeremy. And here is your ring. I hope you won’t look sad anymore,” she said while staring at the man in front of her with complete love and devotion.

After taking the ring from Maricruz, Jeremy blew on it before slipping it onto his ring finger. He then stood up, looking relieved as if he had just woken up from a terrible nightmare.

“Thank you, Maricruz,” Jeremy said sincerely as he wiped away his tears.

Hearing Jeremy say her name, Maricruz felt her passion and desire for him increase as she stood close to him. Her heart beat fast as she felt that maybe lady luck was smiling at her, and she could finally get a chance to be with the man who occupied her heart for many years.

“Come with me, Jeremy. I’ll take you home,” she said with a soft voice as she reached out to hold Jeremy's hand.

***

If I was to cast Jeremy, this is what he would look like.

Here is the first chapter of part 6 and it already looks different, right?

I know half of my readers wanted Jeremy and Elsa to separate and go different ways. So, how do you like this three months of separation?

How do you like this new love interest for Jeremy?

Do you still want this for Jeremy and Elsa?

Or do you want Elsa to come back to him?

*

I’m not sure when the updates will be. It could even be next year.