1. Better angels

I was surveying the demon battle; I didn't ponder much as my twin brother and his Parabatai danced with the demon. I was sitting ready to intervene in case it was necessary, I had a bad feelings and unfortunately my gut was usually not mistaken.

James disappeared once again, it used to happen a lot more than that, and it would keep happening to him. The moment he was out of sight I jumped down from the rooftop I was observing. Before I landed I heard Matt's scream, I immediately took out my whip slapping it in the air as the electricity. I didn't know if my brother was back and I couldn't care less about the usual catchphrase Matt would mock me with before running into a battle "Sit back and watch how it's done". He is my brother's Parabatai, namely, the same as James. I was holding Matthew's stele at the ceremony.

"Dodge" I exclaimed as I had the demon still for some moments, I took out a dagger and threw it at the demon. Matt followed my instruction without further notice.

My plan though didn't work out for long as the demon escaped the tie of my whip letting me fall backwards.

"Lina!" Matt exclaimed and turned at me, he was actually worried.

"I won't break Matt, where did the demon go?" I asked and stood up and stepped forward as I activated the voyance rune upon my wrist.

"Lurked back into the shadows" he spoke up confidently. Matt paced further in the dark alley and the demon hissed loudly and gripped his shoulders tightly. He screamed as the demon managed to dug its nails to his shoulders, its mouth opened up in four and he hissed to his face as I leaped on its back and stabbed it with a seraph blade but before its blade could dug through its skull its head turned 180 degrees, its stinky breath straight to my face.

Moments flashed and I saw my brother be back. Deumas roared again and pressured the blade to its chest yelling the angels name, but once he threw Matt off of him and then its attention turned to me, James was already there, he swung his arm back pulling my seraph sword out as I fell on my back in the shadows. James looked like he was losing it.

"James!" I yelled, unaware if he heard me, the demon slapped him as he seemed to disorientate. I groaned in pressure as I prevented another hit to my brother with my daggers. Suddenly the demon was swept off his feet, three chords wrapped around its legs pulling it backwards. It was Thomas standing behind us with his bolas. Thomas was tall and had a massive physique.

"I am alright" my brother assured me and I dodged to the side retrieving my weapon and returning it on my belt. I let my whip loose again and trapped its upper body as Thomas was still holding it in place. With the corner of my eye I noticed Christopher helping Matt, before I returned to the demon that soon burst out in an explosion of ichor and demon blood that showered me and everyone else but my brother.

"Matthew, Linette-." My brother begun and as I was wiping the slime from my cloths.

"How- Wha-?" Christopher shuttered and I raised an eyebrow.

"Do you mean how we tracked down the last demon in London?" James asked as he carefully offered me a napkin. "Or that it is also the most disgusting thing?" I was surprised on how calm and normal his voice sounded. I knew he was innerly shaking.

"Or that James managed to make us a mess and yet stay out of it." I commented to lighten the atmosphere as I wiped the last bit of ichor from under my chin there was a small burn mark from it there. He was the only one untouched.

I saw Thomas roll his eyes in annoyance as he was covered in ichor as Matthew sputtered the seraph blade that defused. "This is an outrage" he commented tossing the weapon aside. "Do you know how much I spent on this waistcoat?" he asked with annoyance and complaint.