7. What may the future hold

"Don't worry, she bit her tongue or something" my father tried to assure the boys, my vision was clearing. I was obliged to stare up, I only saw Matthew's scared expression upside down. It actually took me some time to recognize him.

"Math?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper, I felt weak, I couldn't turn my head to either side.

"Hey, hey you are alright." He spoke as he moved my head to his lap. My gaze met James' and my father's who pulled me in his arms. I tried to hug him but I felt I didn't have the power to motion my arms around his figure.

"James, can you take her to her room? I have to help her change, and Will someone has to stay." My mother spoke reason.

"I am okay" I spoke assuringly, only for my dad to hear. I felt his lips plant a kiss on my hair. "Alright" he agreed and I felt my body shifting. One hand under my knees and the other on my back. I placed my head on James' shoulder.

"Gave us a scare Lin." James commented and looked down at me as he was walking, I could feel his figure shake from shock.

"This is how I feel when you shadow up." I whispered and smiled a him, I maintained my eyes closed. "I want Math to come as well, he shouldn't be alone." I assumed he stayed behind as I couldn't see him.

"Who told you I wasn't coming" I heard his voice and smiled immediately, as he walked a bit faster so I would see him.

"Set her down sweetie." My mom spoke and I felt my brother kneel and locate me to the bed.

"Don't leave." I requested, I was looking at Math more than my brother.

"Who said we were? We will be right outside." Math assured me and leaned kissing my hand before going out of the room with James so my mother would help me change into a sleepware.

"How are you feeling my love?" My mom asked me as she removed my shoes firstly and then my gloves.

"Tired... Dizzy." I explained and held on her to sit up so she can untangle the strings on the back of my dress. She didn't speak again as she helped me into a more comfortable dress. I laid back down as she sat next to me and with a napkin she begun removing my makeup.

"Dear, do you remember what you saw?" My mom asked me and my eyes immediately shone, I could feel the tears.

"I saw aunt Sophie crying, she was grieving... it was Barbara... I- I can hear her screams, the sorrow... I get dysphoric and-" I tried to explain before sobbing again.

"Its alright... You ought to get some sleep love. James and Matthew will be here." She assured me as she covered me with a blanket. I closed my eyes.

Matthew Fairchild.

It was as if all the alcohol I drunk tonight evaporated within the three minutes I saw Linette spasming on the ground. I knew what was happening to her was hurtful and a bad experience but I thought it was mostly mental, never had I pondered what the physical pain would be.

Me and James were right outside of her room while aunt Tessa was aiding her into comfort. We stood silently until the door opened. "Mom, how is Lina?" James asked, I could feel his tremors, I had those tremors as well.

"She is sleeping. I just, I do not want her to be alone James... Matthew. Stay here. I have to go and tell Will everything is fine. We will be at the ballroom in case anything happens." Aunt Tessa spoke.

"Of course mom." James spoke and we entered the room. I had only seen it four times and it was only for a while. It was filled with books and notes. James walked to Linette and checked her breathing. Her lips curved into a smile.