Defecting

Double update??

Unthinkable.

Please comment!

3rd POV:

Silence.

Yaga blinks.

"What?"

Shoko sighs.

"Read the letter."

Yaga takes the letter in his hand. It's a simple piece of paper, folded in half. The words are written messily as if Satoru was in a rush.

His words are concise. Something ironic, considering the white-haired boy always had so much to say.

"I'm leaving. This is pointless. Don't look for me."

Final words that make Yaga tense.

"Suguru was right. He's always right."

The letter ends there. There is no finishing to it. The thought of what is to come makes Yaga unconsciously clench his fists, crumpling the paper.

Shoko's lit her cigarette, her eyes dim. The girl never admits it, but Satoru and Suguru are her friends. Close companions. Now both of them are gone. Off on a path of the same goal? Most likely.

She'll only have to close off any further emotions about the two from now on.

Perhaps in another universe, Satoru might've stayed with her.

Perhaps in another universe, Suguru might've never left.

But not this one.

Not this time.

Suguru and Satoru were like two sides of a coin.

Shoko's only regret was that she never fully expressed her gratitude for having the two idiots as her closest friends.

🖤~Timeskip brought to you by Sashisu angst~🖤

Satoru walked down the busy streets of Tokyo all by himself.

He was quiet, an unnatural trait for him.

A backpack slung on his shoulder as he aimlessly wandered the streets.

He'd forsaken everything. His friends, his family, everything.

Just for Suguru.

And he would do it again.

Words from that man rang through his mind.

"Take care of Megumi."

Megumi.

His son? Possibly.

After killing Toji Fushiguro, the least Satoru could do was find his son.

But what would he do after that?

Take care of the kid?

He didn't have a choice.

Satoru made his way into the metro, and before he knew it, he stood in front of a kid with spiky black hair, and a frown that reminded him way too much of the boy's father.