IS IT A DATE?!

Y/n POV

...Last time

A phone suddenly vibrated, making me look down at Riko knowingly. She took out her phone and looked at it.

"It's from Kuroi. Oh, no!" She yelled, now making Gojo stare at her in confusion. "Kuroi has... Kuroi has been...." She stuttered, showing us the picture of the tied up Kuroi.

... Present

I leant against the wall, looking at a guilty Geto with a small frown. He had already explained to us what had happened on his part, and he feels absolutely terrible about it.

"I'm sorry. This was my mistake." Geto apologized with a frown.

"Seriously?" Gojo asked with a sigh while I stared at Geto sympathetically.

"Don't beat yourself too hard about it, Suguru. No one could have predicted that a non-sorcerer would actually kidnap someone." I assured him, but he didn't seem convinced by my words.

"I don't think this can even count as a 'mistake'." Gojo grumbled as I sent a glare his way.

"I underestimated how much our enemies would value Kuroi." Geto spoke up, clenching his fists slightly.

"Then their next move will probably be offering to arrange an exchange for her." I stated with crossed arms. "Probably something like, trading Riko for Kuroi. But that can't happen." I sighed, looking at the ground with furrowed brows.

Secretly, I was ecstatic! We were going to Okinawa and I so wanted to see the beautiful ocean.

"Exactly. Or saying, they'll kill Kuroi if we don't kill Amanai. But we have the leverage in any negotiation since we have Amanai. As long as they set up a location for the deal, we can make it work out for us." Gojo nodded, looking at us with a serious expression behind his glasses. "I'm taking Amanai back to Jujutsu High immediately. We can have Shoko or someone stand in as her body-." He started to explain, but Riko cut him off.

"Hold on!" She yelled, looking at us with stern eyes. "I'm going to be part of this deal, too! I still can't trust you three yet." She exclaimed, but I knew that wasn't the case.

"Huh?! You're still saying that after all of this?" Gojo asked her with a frown.

"Even if you save her... Even if you save her, what if Kuroi isn't back before I assimilate with Tengen?" Riko asked, looking at the ground in sadness.

This caused Gojo's frown to disappear. I stared at Riko with a sympathetic look, knowing she just wants to say goodbye to her only family member.

"I even haven't... I haven't even said goodbye to her yet." She muttered, a few tears slipping out of her eyes.

Gojo and I looked at each other, already thinking the same thing. Well, I already knew he was going to think this anyway.

Gojo then started to walk towards the cell Riko was in. "The kidnapper will reach out to us eventually. But if we realize they're smarter than we expected, or it turns out that bringing you will only lessen Kuroi's chances of survival...." Gojo said, soon opening the cell. I saw how Geto looked at Gojo in shock, making me smirk slightly. "Then we'll have to leave you behind." He told Riko, narrowing his eyes at her sternly.

She looked at him in shock for a few seconds, before wiping her eyes and giving him a determined look.

"All right. That works." She whispered as I smirked at her determination.

"On the other hand, if you get scared partway through and you want to go home, we'll just ignore you. So keep that in mind." Gojo said in a low tone of voice.