better than any trophy - joao felix

✧༺♥༻∞

december 11th 2022

I watch from above with gio. Morroco has 1 goal, portugal none. Me and gio are both sad about it. But hopefully they pull through.

"Why didnt he start cris" gio huffs shaking her head and taking a sip of water.

"I know right" i sigh. Minute by minute the game goes on. Joao takes a shot and for a minute i think it's a goal but- it gets saved.

Oh no. Full time. Morroco beat portugal 1-0, knocking them out. Me and gio rush down to the boys. I find joao crying on the field.

"Meu amor it's okay" i rub his back. When he gets up i see his face.

"I failed everyone" he cries "i failed you, my mum, my dad, my brother- the whole of portugall"

"No baby you didnt fail anybody" i shake my head.

"Yes look- it's pepes last world cup, cristianos probably- their last chances- if only i scored" he pulls his hair.

"Joao felix sequira" i move his hands and hold them as he cries.

"It's not your fault it's okay you hear me joao?" i cup his face "i love you and im so proud of you". Tears in my eyes are trying to get out but i need to stay strong.

"Come now let me give you a hug" i say wrapping my arms around him. He wraps his arms around me too and buries his face in the top of my head.

"It's okay baby it's okay" i whisper as i feel his body shake crying.

"Im sorry"

"No dont be sorry for anything meu amor" i comfort him.

"It's not your fault - i love you so so much and im so proud of you- next time okay?" i say "now lets go home okay?"

He nods and puts his arm around my shoulder as we walk back,

"You know what" he sniffles. We are walking on the empty sidewalk that suprisingly nobody is near.

"What?" i ask looking up at him

"Youre better than any trophy" he kisses the side of my head.

✧༺♥༻∞

heyyy so i think you can tell that im a joao girly atp lmao- live laugh felix. this was a lil short but my last one was long so yeah but ill try post a gavi one but i have like no ideas that i think would fit his personality ughhh

have a good day/night and dont forget to vote

---

ryanaldo