𝟎𝟑𝟒 - 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞

╭──────༺♡༻──────╮
𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐋𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡

𝐈𝐫𝐥
𝐌𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐬

╰──────༺♡༻──────╯

ʚ 𝟑𝒓𝒅 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒐𝒏 ɞ

𝐀 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑

       FROM THE INTRICACIES of a year-long coma, Mattheo stirred in the silent hospital hallways, waking up to a world entirely distinct from the one he had last recalled. He blinked away the disorientation and confusion trying to make sense of the swift passing of time. Meanwhile, the sterile scent of disinfectant endured in the air.

The daylight came in through the curtains, giving the clean hospital room a gentle radiance. Mattheo looked around at his strange surroundings, an inkling of apprehension in his hazel eyes that had once been full of flames and perseverance. He drew the lines around his own flesh, as though getting to know the machine again after a whole year of inactivity.

With a creak, the door opened to reveal Mattheo's rock-solid best friend, Draco, who had been there for him through the prolonged, undetermined months. Draco smiled, mirroring the feeling of relief on Mattheo's face, as his pupils broadened with shock and delight at seeing him awake. He quickly moved across the room to give Mattheo a strong embrace, demonstrating how their friendship had persevered through Mattheo's ineptitude.

"Mattheo, you're back," Draco cried out, sounding a little surprised and excited at the same time. "You have no fucking idea how messed up I was, if I didn't have Daphne I would have killed myself."

Mattheo chuckled breathlessly but that one dreaded question lingers. "What happened and wheres Ina? " He asked and as if he just was registering his own words he panicked.

The car crash. The task. His birthday. His little witch.

Draco stiffened on his side, giving away that something wasn't right. So incredibly erroneous

Draco was about to start referring to the issue in question when the entrance opened and two prominent people that Mattheo had terribly missed were standing there, shocked and disbelief. His older brother and mother. They swarm to his side quickly and ecstatically.

"I told them you won't die, you're a Riddle after all." Tom smiled, yet you could see how terrified he was by the look in his vacant eyes.

"My child. Oh, the way I longed for you and interceded." Bella broke down and vented in her son's arm, afraid that if she moved, he would slip from her grasp once more.

"I missed you guys more.. wheres Ina." Mattheo pleaded to simply see his doll a second time. Bella broke the stillness that had descended upon the vicinity.

"Mattheo, she was more injured than you were. She collapsed into an intense coma and lost consciousness and also flatlined twice. The doctors are not convinced she will survive; in fact, her appearance speaks volumes. Her family, however, is refusing to allow the doctors to remove her life support. A week ago, she would have passed away if her family hadn't threatened the physicians." She began by lucidly explaining to Mattheo quite self explanatory that Angelina was running out of time.