The Letter

"Hey! Its been really long since I've last seen you. I got you your favourite chocolate. I know how much you love devouring these when I get them for you. You said you couldn't practically live without them. It's getting much harder to get them now that inflation is all up and everything, and it's quite rare to get these you know?

I got into the school that I wanted to by the way! Im really happy where I am and I've made all these new friends. They are so much kinder to me and now that I think of me, my old bunch never really was that nice to me in the first place, so I'm thankful i met some that genuinely cares for me like friends are supposed to. On top of that, I got into photography club like I wanted to, and I'm even leading the school as vice president! Are you proud of me? I know you are.

It's been so different as I grow up. I never really expected life to turn out this way, but life is all about changes right? You just have to accept it when it happens, and continue on until your final breath. That's what I feel anyway. But it gets hard to move on from a spot, especially one that holds you caged up with memories that you dont want to hold onto. But there's always a way out right?

It's been a while since we last talked hasn't it. My family really misses you and I hope this letter finds you well, wherever you are."

And as the rain begins to pour, the letter is left sitting beside the stone, a bright red bouquet sitting on top of the dirt. The rain drops down to the Earth, wetting its soil and moisturising its land. He sits quietly beside the stone, as his heart begins to flow and his eyes water the land.

One day.

One day I'll see you again.