One.

I was too young to feel as old as I was as my childish tears fell from my cheeks, to the sickeningly white sheets, where my beloved sister laid. I was too young to feel as though there was no path after, as I watch a future of hers beat, beat, beat, slower and slower. And eventually, I saw my own fade like the shine in her eyes.

Every day was routine. But I only ever remember sitting by her side like it's the only thing left between her and I. The doctors come in once in a while to say hello, but I only ever wait for them to ask me to say goodbye. My parents are too busy trying to earn the money they lost, and eventually, their child. The world around me seemed quieter, as if they mourned my childhood with me. All I ever heard was her heartbeat, as I place my hand gently on what was left of her.

Boom. Boom. Boom.

My heartbeat grew quicker as the doctors finally found a solution to a conclusion. She needed someone to replace her broken pieces, fix them with our own. Our parents held each other, and I held onto me. Everyone knew what it meant, to lose one to fix another. The routine suddenly began changing, and my name was suddenly coming up as much as it did hers.

"Kor Kor," I wished she said, just one last time.

But she was asleep, peacefully at last. Her heartbeat continues to beat, beat, beat slowly within fragile glass, and the time continued to

Tick.

The clock struck midnight. But no glass slippers were turned back to old, strong shoes. But I wanted to be the prince, to find the perfect fit to bring a future that she deserved. I was too old to be so useless. Yet I was just too young to feel so mature. The clock continued to tick, the only reminder of her in the house. I sat on what used to be our bed and took out a book.

Today, her heart seemed to beat a little faster, or was it mine that soon no longer will? My parents stood quietly, knowing that there would never be an ending as four ever. I put my hand gently on fragile glass and listened to my beloved sister one last time.

I have written our past, and I hope you'll write a future, a future much better than this present. My money is hidden in my school bag, where only you and I know. Take it when you want to buy food okay? I'm too young to feel so sorrow, but you're too precious to not be loved.

Kor Kor will always be here. Just look in the mirror and smile, and maybe I'll be there standing there with you. Smiling just as brightly.

My love has No Bounds.
Not For you.
I Love you.