❃3❃

"WILL I WHAT?" Zayn exclaimed, his eyes widening to the size of saucers.

I shook my head at his dramatic response and offered a reassuring smile before elaborating on my intentions. "My father took me out of his will because he doesn't think I'm mature enough."

"Fair," he coughed.

I rolled my eyes and pressed on. "As absurd as it sounds, entering into some boring marriage and getting a job will just so happen to prove him otherwise."

"You want me to fake a relationship with you?" he not-so-coolly squeaked with shock, his face contorting in a disgusted manner. "All so you can get put back into your dad's will?"

"Why do broke people always have to repeat things?" I facepalmed. What was so shocking about it?

"Do you know how messed up that is? We literally just met half an hour ago."

"Well I'm Liam. And I'm fully aware this is our first encounter." I extended my hand to him and grinned when he reluctantly shook it, trying not to relish in the feeling of his skin on mine. Don't judge me; he's hot af. "Look, I don't want to be that person, but you kind of owe me. Seeing as you chased my first choice away."

"I had every right to," he defended himself. "And like that guy would have agreed to your stupid plan anyway."

"Hey, it's no big deal. People make fake marriages all the time." I shrugged.

"No big deal? It IS a big deal. I can't fake love. When I fall in love, it's genuine and real."

"Oh, gosh, that sounds terrible." I cringed. Those kinds of emotions were never my cup of tea. Loving someone required too much care and responsibility, things I wouldn't provide. I didn't want to waste my life on a person, and I was more than content with my carefree partying lifestyle and occasional one-night stands. Love seemed like an unnecessary complication, and I had no intentions of getting entangled in its web.

"This is exactly why I would never agree to marry you. You're too stuck-up."

"Oh, and if you can make me the CEO of this coffee place, that would be great." I surveyed the cafe appreciatively; it wasn't bad at all, just needed a bit of a makeover.

"Are you even listening? I said no!"

"I'll pay you." I grinned widely at him, knowing how to get under his skin. "Enough to keep that loan shark out of your hair."

His expression twitched, and he suddenly seemed more interested. "You mean that?"

"Yeah, of course. I'll pay however much you need. Let me see your phone."

"Uh, here? I guess." He unlocked his phone and handed it to me.

"How much do you owe him?" I inquired while tapping away on both his and my phone and logging into my bank account.

"Around £25000." He replied in a not-so-pleased tone.

"Anddd done." I handed his phone back to him, studying his expression to gauge his reaction.

He checked the screen, and a small gasp slipped out of his mouth. "You paid him back that fast?"

"Guess I'm now the proud owner of your little cafe." I sent him a cheeky grin, showing my teeth.

Before he could respond, the sound of Zayn's ringtone echoed in our ears, and I leaned in closer to eavesdrop on the conversation as Zayn picked up the call.

"Hello?"

"Zayn, my boy!" I rolled my eyes at Marco's overly enthusiastic tone. "I don't know why you've been holding back on me money-wise, but glad to see you finally paid back your debt. At least until you need money from me again, which I'm sure will be soon. I'll let you and your old man's cafe be. For now at least."