00

adelaide hunter had started streaming shortly after her move to new york. it'd been her dream before her move and once she'd moved, she'd decided it was a new year meaning she could officially start over.

it had been six years since then. she had gained a million subscribers in her first two years. shortly after that, she met her now closest friends; jacksepticeye and markiplier. of course, becoming friends with them caused her to majorly gain followers and soon, her measly one million subscribers had turned into almost 20 million. for awhile, fans of the two males had believed she was clout chasing, but after awhile those rumors disappeared.

soon after that, she met bob and wade, some of mark's friends. she got along well with them and even played raft and the forest with them a lot. when she couldn't play, they did more than enough to make sure she had things when she'd next play.

not long after meeting bob and wade, she met felix, otherwise known as pewdiepie. and that's what started a war. she and felix were so similar yet so different. when she, jack and felix all played together, jack was usually the middle man; felix and adelaide at each other's throats. their fans love it. especially because jack talks so highly of their friendship when they aren't on stream.

and that's how she got to where she was today, a stream starting in ten minutes and among us pulled up. she was anxious, to say the least. due to her closeness with jack and felix, the two had invited her for a night of among us. there would be multiple people she didn't know, but she was ready to accept it. her friends meant the world to her and she'd rather be streaming than editing a video.

as she counted down the minutes until her stream began, she started memorizing the names in the discord call she had yet to join. there were so many she was afraid her brain would short circuit.

it felt like hours went by before that ten minutes was up. she hesitated just a second before starting the stream, double checking that her camera was not on. that was one of her biggest fears; her camera being on one day and everyone knowing what she looked like. her biggest fear? someone from her past finding her. that's why she'd moved so far in the first place.

the second she started stream, she was met with a wave on anxiety like no other. it didn't take a genius to know who she'd be playing with tonight. all her fans had to do was see among us in the title and jack's name, among many others, began flying through her chat. some of the names that flew through were indeed in the discord call, while others weren't.

she cleared her throat and smiled, calming her nerves. "hey guys," she laughed, watching as a few messages got deleted by her mods. they weren't really too worrying, at least the ones she read weren't. she couldn't vouch for the ones that her mods managed to delete before she read them. "i know it's been a hot minute but i am back and alive! thank you to those who have been patient with me in these couple weeks." she didn't stream often, usually streaming twice a month.

she talked with the chat for a few minutes before she joined the discord call, the voices of many people she didn't know filling her ears immediately. that anxiety from earlier came rushing back and she felt it climb up her throat, holding her words there.

only one person seemed to notice she joined and began shushing the others. "mars, hey!" jack's familiar voice came through, easing her slightly. she smiled at the sound of her friend and relaxed. "everyone, minus felix, this is mars!"

felix grumbled something but none of them really caught it. adelaide cleared her throat and wiped her hands off on her pants. it suddenly felt very hot in her office and she felt like she was suffocating.

"hi, everyone." her voice sounded weaker than intended and she immediately cringed at it. no one else seemed to pick up on it though, other than jack. her eyes shot to her left monitor, seeing a message from him pop up. it was a quick reassurance that she was okay, and if she needed, could leave at anytime. it made her feel much better.

a few introductions flew by, adelaide watching their little icons light up as they talked. it made it easier for her to remember exactly who each was. she was taken completely off guard when a deep voice rumbled through her headphones.

"nice to meet you. im corpse." the man's icon lit up. adelaide frowned at the voice, did he have something that changed his voice so people couldn't hear his real one? she hadn't thought of that before.

silence filled the call after he spoke and she quickly jumped to talk, not exactly liking the silence. "nice to meet you, too." the girl spoke, her voice coming out soft. a quick glance at her chat gave her all the confidence she needed. they were obsessing over the man's voice, giving her a slight indication that it was not a cover and indeed what he actually sounded like. "and dude, your voice?" she heard a slight intake of breath from someone, not paying attention to their icons anymore so she wasn't sure who. "it's killer."

felix let out a snort at her words. "it's killer? what is this, the eighties?" her face burned and she was extremely grateful that she never used her camera.

"felix, fuck off!" she laughed, her high pitched response showing her embarrassment. laughs filled the call as the girl only grew more embarrassed.

"thanks. i think that's one of the best compliments i've gotten about my voice." the man, corpse, chuckled. his laugh was just as deep as his voice, maybe deeper.

"now that introductions are out of the way? who's ready to get started?" jack's voice came through, immediately making the girl smile. whenever he talked she remembered she wasn't alone in this call. even when she heard felix's voice, it immediately made her feel better, though she'd never admit that.

it wasn't long before their first game was starting, the girl letting out a small sigh when she got crew mate. she'd played among us a few times before, her and jack usually joining a lobby of randoms. she didn't understand why he always wanted her to play with him off stream, but now she knew. he was preparing her for this. and boy was she ready.

a/n
first chapter of mars! im not sure i entirely like this chapter too much but i'd rewritten it about four times before making a final decision