02

adelaide was basically curled up in her chair as she watched the videos her chat sent through. she was doing a you laugh you lose stream, her mic adjusted to pick up on the littlest noises incase she tried denying she laughed. she's been at this for almost two hours, not finding a video that was funny enough for her.

she hadn't felt like playing any games so she decided on this idea instead, hoping her chat could get her to laugh today. it was either this or she just watched netflix all day and the blonde hated doing that, knowing how lazy it made her seem.

she was getting ready to end steam, growing tired of all the videos being submitted and none of them being able to bring a laugh out of her, when a video was sent through. the deep voice immediately made her sit up, recognizing it immediately. she not only played among us multiple times with him, but she'd also listened to his music.

she watched as the video played through, corpse struggling with some tinfoil in it. she was doing good at holding her laugh in until he threw it across the room, earning a snort from the girl. she leaned further back, her laugh loud as she laughed at his misfortune. a squeal left her mouth as she almost fell, shooting forward to grab her desk.

now that she was sitting up, she quickly pulled discord up, typing quickly. she sent the message before she could double think it before going back to her chat, saying goodbye and thanking them for all the donations she'd gotten from them.

she had just ended stream when her discord dinged. she looked back over, reading the text she'd gotten back, a grin spreading across her lips as corpse quickly began explaining his hate for the tinfoil, unaware she'd seen the video since all she had texted him was "rumor is, you have a thing against tinfoil?"

messages:

https.mars
rumor is, you have a
thing against tinfoil?

corpse
okay, you have to listen
to me okay?

https.mars
okay, talk

corpse
it wouldn't fucking
open!! even when i used
a knife
it
didnt
open

https.mars
so i've seen

a full minute passed before she got a response; in the form of a call. she picked it up and slapped a hand over her mouth, not wanting to laugh right then and there.

"so you knew the whole time!" her muffled giggles met his ears and smiled, glad he could cheer his friend up. he knew from the beginning that she'd known, considering he'd been on her stream. she wasn't typically that quiet.

she hummed, spinning her chair a bit. "maybe." she heard a soft chuckled from the man and felt her smile widen. "but honestly, i totally get it. tinfoil is so stupid. you'd expect the saran wrap to be harder." her voice cracked as she held her laugh back.

"exactly!" he exclaimed. she failed on keeping her laugh in and made the weirdest noise as she burst out laughing. the noise she made pulled a deep laugh from corpse.

after their laughter settled a silence enveloped them, not quite uncomfortable. it was between a peaceful and uncomfortable conversation, giving them both the need to fill the silence but not wanting to break it.

she was the first to crack, cleaning her throat before speaking. "i don't meet a lot of other faceless streamers and most of my friends show their face on their social medias so i can rarely be with them." her words left him frowning, understanding her perfectly. "i guess what i'm trying to say is, thanks for being my friend?" it wasn't exactly a statement, the blonde unsure of whether that was the correct thing to say.

"yeah, i mean, i get it, mars. i get how it feels. so, of course." she smiled lightly as she heard him talk. his voice was like a weighted blanket, heavy and comforting.

a silence enveloped them again, this one much more comfortable than the last.