Chapter Two - Fame Overnight

|November 30th, 2024|

"Holy shit..."

Yesterday.

‐------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun broke through the window as consecutive chirps from birds echoed around the small apartment room. A groan escaped my lips as my head lifted off of the comfortable pillow.

"Morning sleepyhead." A small laugh escaped the lips of Caitlyn. She was doing circles in the spinny chair as she smiled widly. "Morning..." I yawned out.

"Did... did you even sleep?" I asked, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. "Nope! I was up all night editing, and you know, I had to get done!" She laughed while drinking from a coffee mug.

"Cait..." I muttered softly while sitting up and stretching my back, which small cracks could be heard. "Take a nap, alright?" She groaned softly, "It's eleven in the morning, I'd be asleep until at least five."

Staring at her with a deadpan look managed to convice her, "Fine! Fine!" She said while chugging the rest of her coffee. As I got up, she took the spot I was in.

My arm extended towards the closet knob as Cait's voice called out. "I haven't checked the video since uploading... you might wanna check whenever you're free." Nodding softly while sifting through a pair of clothing.

Finally, I found a pair to my liking and grabbed a towel on the rack in the corner and began making my way to the bathroom, "So tired..." I mumbled softly. Placing the clothing and towel on top of the sink, I began to strip.

I placed my hand at the hem of my shirt and slowly started lifting. My body was what you would call a sleeper build, quite muscular, but not too much that is usually hidden by baggy clothing.

A long scar traced my chest, scaling from the tip of my shoulder to the middle of my chest. The skin was faded, showing age and history behind it.

My chest also had smaller scars. They healed as well. My hand travled towards the hot water knob and twisted. I don't know why, but I loved scolding hot showers. "Hmm..." I hummed softly, calming myself down enough to handle the heat.

My body quickly reacted to it as the shower began to settle down and drip down my back. My back was relatively clean of scars. There were some, not many, but they were there.

My mind traveled to a lot of different places as I began contemplating a lot of my life. It started off with my childhood, something I would much rather forget ever existed.

High school was next. I definitely wasn't the most popular kid. I probably was the most bullied and made fun of when I was there. I vividly remember having three cartons of milk dumped on my head on the same day.

Lastly, my mind wandered towards last night. Immediately, it lingered on the smaller girl. Jenna was beautiful, her amazing smile, her cute freckles that laced her face, her dark brown eyes that I could stare into for days.

She was practically the perfect girl wrapped into one package. "I shoulda got her number..." I muttered softly while stretching a little. At this point in the shower, she was all I could think about.