Owen II, Sylvie II

It's pretty simple here, folks. Everyone from Austin, Los Angeles, and Chicago arrive in New York!

***

JFK Airport was bursting with activity as the flight from Austin disembarked from the plane, and Owen expertly maneuvered them through the throng of people rushing to and from various gates. "Holy crap," Nancy shook her head in awe, pressing close to TK and Carlos as they followed Owen. "It's a maze in here!"

"JFK is one of the busiest airports in the country," Owen nodded, checking behind him to make sure Izzy and Evie weren't getting lost in the crowd. The twins each had a hand on Tommy, and the paramedic captain kept hers on their shoulders. "At least it's not the holidays."

"Oh, I can only imagine," Tommy made a face of annoyance.

"Thanks for saying I could come along, too," Nancy added as Owen guided them to the side of the corridor. "I haven't been out of Austin for a long time, and I know what this time of year means for you."

"It's your vacation, Nancy," Owen smiled. "How you spend it is up to you."

"Besides, you also get to see my best friends," TK nudged her in the side.

Carlos snorted. "I think you're offending Marjan, Paul, and Mateo, babe."

TK shrugged unrepentantly. "When they consider naming me godfather to their future children, I'll reconsider, too."

Owen laughed as he scanned the screens announcing incoming flights. "Sounds like a fair trade to me."

"Isn't your godson's mother your best friend?" Tommy asked.

"One of them," Owen nodded.

"See?" TK gestured to his father. "I rest my case."

"What're you looking for, Owen?" Evie asked, tilting her head back in an attempt to see what Owen was watching.

"That," Owen answered, pointing to one of the screens. "Incoming flight from Los Angeles International Airport."

"That's Captain Nash's flight?" Carlos guessed.

"Yep," TK nodded, checking his phone. "Buck texted me their flight. That's the number."

"They're landing in a few minutes on the other side of the airport," Owen told them, backing away from the screens. "If you're up with waiting a little longer, we can meet just before we hit the baggage claim?"

"Fine by me," Nancy shrugged. "I know you're looking forward to seeing them both again."

"Sure!" Izzy grinned.

Evie nodded in agreement, and Carlos chuckled. "Well, if the kids say it's OK."

Owen nodded and beckoned, leading them through the crowded corridors of the airport. "Once you get through the crowd, it gets easier to move through. It won't be long until they land and join us."

"What about the people from Chicago?" Evie asked, skipping to join Owen.

Owen smiled fondly at her, feeling Izzy join him on his other side. "Wallace and his people are coming in on a later flight," he explained to them. "It's a much shorter flight from Chicago, and from what Wallace implied, a later flight would be easier for the rest of them."

"I still can't believe most of the officers are going to be out of the house," Nancy wrinkled her nose.

"The CFD's way of running houses is different than ours and LA's," Owen said, stopping under the sign that pointed the way to the baggage claim. "Each rig gets a commanding officer instead of one captain running the entire thing. Wallace was temporarily assigned to a different house when he got promoted – to the house in the center of his district – and Captain Casey initially commanded the house in his absence. When Wallace returned to 51, he took back overall command."