chapter 4

!!Grammatical and Typographical errors ahead!!

When the car stopped, I scanned the area. Lai got out of the car, and I followed him. As I got out of the car, I was greeted by a chilly wind and a pleasing view of the city lights. I'm in awe; I had no idea Makati had an area like this. Or perhaps we've already left Makati? I am unsure.

I continued, keeping my eyes fixed on the lights of the city in front of me. "This place looks like the tops in Cebu." "How did you know this place?" I questioned, turning to face him.

When I glance at him, he's in deep contemplation, but he still manages to answer me.

"I usually come here to unwind," he explained.

I nodded. I approach him and come to a halt in front of him. He looked at me through the city lights. I softly lift my hands to stroke his brows. Nakakunot kasi ito na para bang may problemang iniisip.

"What are you doing?" he coldly asked.

"Stop caressing your forehead; you might get wrinkles, sige ka," I said. Nanatili itong nakatitig saakin at maya maya pa'y tinanggal nito ang kamay kong nakahawak sa kilay nito saka umiwas.

I simply sighed. I went to the backseat of the car to grab the snacks I bought earlier. I also noticed that he had two cans of beer, so I grabbed those as well.

"Do you have some blankets or something?" I asked.

He said nothing and simply opened the compartment at the back of the car to get a blanket. Sumilip din ako doon at nakita ang isang bag na may mga damit nito.

"Why do you have so many clothes with you? Are you planning on leaving the house?" I asked, acting hurt.

"I got them from my parents house earlier; I forgot to unpack." Aniya saka ako tinalikuran at naglatag na ng blanket sa damuhan. Kinuha din nito ang dala kong pagkain at nilapag doon.

Naupo na ako sa right side at siya naman sa kabila. I felt a bit cold, but I didn't say anything and just rubbed my palms together.

"Bakit ka nga pala gising pa? You don't have work tomorrow?" I asked, opening the chip and canned beer. I also offered him one.

Before taking the canned drink I was handing him, he removed his coat and placed it on my shoulders.

"I can't sleep," he simply stated, sipping his beer.

"Is something bothering you?" I can't help but ask. Well, I am a bit worried, and ito na rin, 'yong pinaka matagal na paguusap namin, so bakit hindi ko pa sulitin, diba?

"I'm a businessman; hindi ako mawawalan ng iisipin, Tori." Aniya.

I came to a halt and stared at him. It's his first time calling me by that name again, and it feels great to hear it from him!

"It must be very hard being a CEO at a very young age, but you still run your company very well." I replied. When he turned to face me, I averted my glance, saying, "I'm proud of you, Lai. Always." I then returned his gaze and gave him a genuine smile.

"It's good to see you reached your dreams and all your goals, Tori. I've heard you've got lots of awards." Okay... A new record has been set! That was the longest statement he ever said.

"I didn't know you were into showbiz for you to keep updated," I teased.

"Mom likes talking about you," he said, rolling his eyes.

"Nice, approved, kay tita!" I jokingly said. He just tsk-ed and shook his head.

"When was the last time you went back to Cebu?" I asked to open another topic. The silence was just making the situation awkward.