Chapter 15: The First Plague

Bonnie was pissed.  The whole ride back to Cairo, William argued about saving the world and stopping the creature from spreading its curse.  Bonnie was having none of that nonsense. 

As soon as they got back to the hotel, Bonnie ordered both Jonathan and William to pack and left to find her caches all over the city.  She wasn't even home an hour before she got back with her supplies, but she found both the Carnahans had not, in fact, packed.  Jonathan was at the bar getting drunk and when Bonnie asked why he didn't pack, he only said to go ask his little brother.

With an exaggerated eye roll and a grown, she went to William's room and stormed in to find him going over a lot of ancient texts and scrolls.

"I told you to pack!" Bonnie growled angrily.  "We need to get out of here!"

"I'm not," William said defiantly.  Bonnie growled, and went to his closet.  The librarian sighed and closed his book before tossing it on the table.  "What in the world are you doing?"

"We're leaving.  Now."

William got up and shook his head.  "No we are not.  This is our fault.  We need to take responsibility for this."

Bonnie yanked on his suits with a grumble before walking to his suitcase.  "I thought you said you didn't believe in that fairy take and hokum stuff, shoo!" she snapped at the white cat sitting on William's suitcase.

The librarian quickly tanked the car away as Bonnie tossed in clothes.  "Having an encounter with a 3,000 year-old walking, talking corpse..." he began before letting the cat down and grabbing his clothes.  "...tends to convert one."

As he walked to put his clothes back, Bonnie continued to argue as she pulled clothes out of the drawers.  "Well, forget it.  We're out the door, we're down the hall, and we're gone."

She put more clothes in the suitcase, but William was quick to pull them out.  "Oh no, we are not."

"Oh yes, we are," Bonnie argued as she grabbed the books off the table.

"Oh no, we are not.  We woke him up, and we are going to stop him."

"'We'?  What we?" she continued as she tossed the books into the suitcase.  "We didn't read that book.  I told you not to play around with that thing?  Didn't I tell you not to play around with that thing?"

William waved her off as he pulled the books back out.  "Yes, that's right.  Me, me, me, me, I, I, I woke him up and I intend to stop him."

Bonnie grabbed more books to put in the suitcase while William continued to remove them.  "Oh yeah?  How?  You heard the man. No mortal weapons can kill this guy."

"Then we are just going to have to find some immortal ones," William groaned before grabbing the typewriter from Bonnie's arms.

"There goes that "we" again," Bonnie said, resting her fingers in the suitcase edge.

William came back to her side.  "Will you just listen to me?  We have to do-". As William shut the lid, Bonnie yanked her hands back with a groan before walking around the area.  "Oh dear, I'm so sorry," William said, looking rather sheepish and apologetic.  "Are you alright?"

"Yeah," Bonnie chuckled, flicking her fingers and looking at the man with a mischievous gleam in her eye.  "No harm, no foul."

This actually caused William to blush.  "I didn't mean to-"

"Relax, Mr. Carnahan.  I've had worse done to me."

"I can only imagine," William sighed.  "Listen, once this creature has been reborn, his curse is going to spread until the whole of the Earth is destroyed."