Chapter 16: The Museum

A storm was brewing as William was walking with a book, but the thunder barely caught his attention.  He almost immediately went back to reading his book.  There was nothing that was going to deter his attention to this problem.

"William!" he heard Bonnie shout and he instantly turned around to see her running up to him.

"Oh, are you still here?" he questioned smugly.

"We've got problems," Bonnie smiled worriedly. Lightning flashed and thunder boomed in the sky, and the two explorers looked up to see clouds forming and fire falling from the sky.  "Shit, run!"

William and Bonnie grabbed each other by the hand and ran through the open corridor, watching as people got hit and began to burn.  Other parts of the courtyard were getting slammed with meteorites and exploding on impact.  Across the once beautiful view, meteorites were hitting all over the entire city, causing smoke and flames to become the focal point of the scene.

They both got to the stairs, William looking with terrified, wide eyes at what was happening.  He quickly turned, though, and saw Bonnie grab Beni who had been running down the stairs.

"Hey!  Beni, you little stink.  Where have you been?!" she shouted over the noise.

A loud roar erupted from upstairs and both William and Bonnie stared up as Beni made his escape.  The two rushed up the stairs, both drawing guns and rushing to the hotel room.  When they got in, William's eyes widened in shock at the now deceased Mr. Burns.  His body had been mummified; dried out completely. 

And over by the fire place, the monster from the City of the Dead was struggling in what looked like pain as the openings in his skin began to cover themselves.  He let out a groan as he turned, his body becoming more full as he roared angry at them both.

"We are in serious trouble," Bonnie said, her gun aimed.

As the creature charged slowly, Bonnie and William let their bullets fly.  However, the bullets either bounced off or went right through the mummy.  Nothing was working.  The mummy charged and slammed right into William who went flying back into Jonathan and the other Americans. 

As he struggled to get up, he watched as the creature approached Bonnie.  He was getting too close for his liking.

"You back the hell up!" Bonnie shouted as she punched the mummy.

It did no good, however, and the creature attempted to kiss Bonnie.

It was at that precise moment when a cat mowed and William watched as the creature turned and spotted the cat walking on a piano.  The creature screamed and spun, a whirlwind of sand forming around him as he exited the room rather loudly.  The patio doors slammed shut and William blinked in shock.

"We are in very serious trouble," Bonnie reiterated, brushing off sand from her shirt.  "Why the hell did he try to kiss me?"

"What the hell happened to Mr. Burns?!" Henderson bellowed.

"Not sure...looks like he was sucked dry..." William scowled as he got up, walking over to Bonnie and grabbing her by the arm.  "Alright, let's go," he said.

"Where are we going?" Bonnie asked, not even fighting with William about grabbing her.

"To the museum.  Jonathan, the rest of you, come with me."

The group didn't argue and they went down to Jonathan's car.  A yellow Duesenberg Model J Tourster.  Jonathan got in and started it as William sat in between Henderson and Bonnie. 

"Are you alright?" William asked Bonnie as they drove away.

"I'm fine," Bonnie grumbled, still trying to get sand out of her clothes.  "Wouldn't be the first time a man tried to force himself on me.  Typical archaic manliness."