❤️‍🩹 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐬 ❤️‍🩹 𝐩𝐭. 𝟏

Summary: finney gets braces, but due to his insecurity of being made fun of for his braces he decides to close off people, even his bf robin!! what happens when robin finds out about why hes hiding away from him and other people??

(angst with happy ending ofc)

𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐲'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

I finally got out of the dentists after almost 2 hours of being in that horrible place. I licked across my teeth with the braces put onto my teeth. I got braces today. I dont really feel good about the fact I got braces, I mean its okay but I feel so ugly in them. a million thoughts started racing through my mind then and there.

𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐈 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐬?

𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤?

𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐑𝐎𝐁𝐈𝐍 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤?

𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐬 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬?

𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐢𝐭?

𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐬?

𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐟-

my thoughts got cut off by someone talking to me. as I got out of my thoughts I saw someone waving their hands infront of my face. I quickly got out of spacing out to see who it was. oh it was gwen! oh shoot what will she think about my braces.. just act normal and not talk so much and if I do then try not to show my teeth.. okay got it!

"hellooooo?!! earth to finney!!" gwen said as she started to shake me like a fish in a bag with water (finding nemo😋) "u-uh yeah?" I stuttered out. one of my habits. "I literally kept calling your name since.. well I dont know, but I would say since forever!! what happened?? did they just clean your teeth or did they do something?? like u got cavities or sum sum??" gwen said.

Is she being fr right now? "gwen of course I dont have any cavities, I dont even eat that much candy, anyways no they didnt clean up they uhh.. gave me braces" I said mumbling out the part of me getting braces. I can tell gwens confusion by her facial expressions shes showing right now. "I got braces." I said still quiet but good enough for gwen to hear. I swear once she heard that she gasped

"omg!! you got braces?!! show meee!!!" she said almost loud enough for everyone to hear. I quickly covered her mouth and shushed her annoyed. "gwen stop saying that so loud!! and fine ill show you when we get to the house.." I said to gwen so she understood. I can tell gwen agreed by her nodding up and down. I sighed in relief until she bit my hand!! I quickly snatched my hand back as I rubbed it in pain.

"oww!! what was that for?!" I exclaimed to gwen. she quickly wiped off her mouth from the slobber and saliva that was drooping on her  mouth when she licked my hand in the process of basically almost RIPPING IT OFF. "okay first off.. do NOT shush me again!!" she said to me. I can tell she was mad of me shushing her by the tone on her voice that left out lingering with her sentence.

she took a breath and finally spoke again. "and second off.. race ya to the house!!" she said as she ran to the pathway we came from to our house. I guess she really wants to see my braces that bad.. ? whatever its not like its that special, lets just get this over with. I started jogging to the house and finally got there to see gwen sitting on our porch. "god could you be any slower???" gwen said with a sass in her tone of voice.