Chapter 35: Family banquet

When Jiang Mo and others arrived in front of Cining Palace, almost all the other concubines had arrived. After seeing Jiang Mo, although they all saluted politely, their eyes were flying with knives.

If the eye knife could turn into reality, Jiang Mo might have been turned into a hornet's nest by now.

Shi Jieyu also came early. She originally had the highest status and always stood at the forefront alone. But now that Jiang Mo has also risen in rank, he will stand side by side with her at the forefront. Seeing Jiang Mo When Mo stepped forward, her face suddenly became a little ugly again.

Jiang Mo could only pretend not to see it, and stood still with his eyes and nose in mind.

When the time was almost up, a female official came out to welcome them into the palace.

The Queen Mother was still sitting and chatting with the concubines. Although she didn't specifically talk to Jiang Mo, she glanced in Jiang Mo's direction a few more times. She was obviously very dissatisfied with him, a person who was treated differently by the emperor. curious. At this time, I saw that he looked handsome, and his words and deeds were both polite and generous. He was not as flattering as ordinary people. It seemed that there was something special about him.

But as the old saying goes, it's not about scarcity but about inequality. The emperor can have people he likes and preferences, but with so many beautiful concubines in the harem, you can't just leave them alone. It's better for the emperor to get the rain and dew.

Therefore, after the conversation was almost finished, the Queen Mother said: "The emperor's birthday will be in a few days. The emperor means that there is no need to make a big deal, so he will just hold a family banquet in the palace, and everyone can have a fun together."

When the concubines heard this, their eyes suddenly shone. Since it was the emperor's birthday, the emperor, as the protagonist of this family banquet, must be present. This was a good opportunity to get up close and personal with the emperor!

They walked around the Imperial Garden every day, and even though their legs were almost broken, they didn't get to meet the emperor once. He wouldn't be absent from this banquet, right?

"If you have any skills that you are good at, don't hide them. Show them well when the time comes, and it will show your feelings for the emperor." The Queen Mother said pointedly.

The concubines present were not fools. It was obvious that the Empress Dowager wanted them to show their faces in front of the emperor, and they all immediately responded positively. Those who could write poems, play the piano, paint, dance... as long as there was something a little bit... Talented people came forward one after another, and the scene suddenly became lively.

The Queen Mother asked the female officials around her to record the projects they were good at so that they could be arranged to perform at the family banquet. Naturally, Zhang Qian would not miss this good opportunity, saying that she was good at singing and dancing, and was later recorded by the female officer.

Jiang Mo was sitting quietly aside, with no intention of participating at all. Liang Yi was also in a daze. Among the three, only Mr. Li responded with a poem.

"Isn't Du Qingjun also very talented? This time to celebrate the emperor's birthday, don't you plan to show off?" Shi Jieyu suddenly looked at Jiang Mo.

No one expected that Shi Jieyu would suddenly attack Du Yunyi. All eyes in the palace were focused on Jiang Mo, making him feel on pins and needles. Jiang Mo thought to himself, as expected, there were three women in a show, and then he took a deep breath and said: "How can my talent and reputation be compared with Jieyu? Please don't say it's a joke, Jieyu."

When he was a child, the original owner had a moment . He really has a reputation as a so-called prodigy, but since he gained weight for no apparent reason, he has been staying at home and his studies have long been neglected. How can he still have any so-called talent?

It's impossible that Shi Jieyu didn't know this. She said this just to embarrass him.

Shi Jieyu was not going to let go of such a good opportunity to give him eye drops in front of the Queen Mother. She was about to say more, but was interrupted by the Queen Mother.

"Okay, the Ai family is a little tired, so you should go back early." The Queen Mother said lightly, interrupting her words, and glanced at Shi Jieyu unintentionally. This look really made Shi Jieyu I'm almost breaking into a cold sweat.

The Queen Mother had stayed in the harem for decades and had seen a lot of various tricks. How could Shi Jieyu's despicable tricks be hidden from her?

Although she planned to let the emperor get wet, she would not stop him if he really had a sweetheart or two that he liked. Moreover, she had a very good impression of Du Yunyi, so she would not let Shi Jieyu bully her. Go to his head.

Jiang Mo breathed a sigh of relief and bowed to the Queen Mother along with everyone before leaving the Cining Palace.

After Jiang Mo, Liang Yi and Mr. Li returned to Yonghe Palace, when the three of them were about to go back to their own palaces to rest, Jiang Mo called out to Liang Yi, "Brother Liang, can you take a step to speak?"

Mr. Li is a very well-informed person. A sensible person knows that they have something to say, so he leaves first. Liang Yi paused, hesitated for a moment, and then followed Jiang Mo into his main hall.

"Brother Liang, please sit down." Jiang Mo asked him to sit down and asked Meng Jiao to bring some refreshments.

Liang Yi sat down a little cautiously. He really didn't know what Jiang Mo wanted to say to him when he called him over.

"Brother Liang, we have known each other for a long time, so I won't beat around the bush. Do you have something on your mind?" Jiang Mo turned on the confidant big brother mode and said in a persuasive way.

"I..." Liang Yi opened her mouth, really not knowing how to answer.

"Your health is not good to begin with. If you are depressed in your heart, I'm afraid it will get worse." Jiang Mo advised slowly, "I remember that Brother Liang is quite open-minded and has no intention of doing this. He should not be favored with others. Is it someone you care about?"

Of course Jiang Mo would not stupidly say directly, I already know from the emperor that you have no favor, after all, it is the privacy of the bed, and it is inconvenient to talk to others, so he can only Bring the conversation to the issue of favor.

Sure enough, Liang Yi immediately said: "That's not the case..."

Jiang Mo said: "Then what is it? Maybe I can help?"

Liang Yi looked at Jiang Mo for a while, looking at him with sincerity. His eyes finally revealed the worries buried deep in his heart, "The last time I went to bed, I was afraid that I didn't serve him well. I was worried that I might have angered the emperor and would implicate my family."

He said this, Jiang Mo almost understood. He was worried that not accepting the favor was because he had offended the emperor, which would cause disaster